Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What time do you wake up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, or he'll leave the alarm clock on snooze when he's in the shower.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post

Yours does that, too?!?!?! I thought mine was the only one to do something so dumb. And then act like he can't hear it, over the shower water.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
        EVERY day!!! Every stinking day he gets up first that is.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
          Yours does that, too?!?!?! I thought mine was the only one to do something so dumb. And then act like he can't hear it, over the shower water.
          WOW so all men do this LOL. Oh the other thing my DH does, is he sets his alarm then hits snooze every five minutes for an hour. I always set my class schedule to start around 11am, I am going to miss not being a college student anymore...
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Since we moved a couple of weeks ago and I don't have a job yet, I've been letting my internal alarm clock wake me up. This means around 8 AM, but can be as late as 9 AM, especially if I went to bed after midnight. I move slowly in the morning, but I can function and interact with other humans, if necessary. I have found out that I don't do well physically before 6 AM. DF says its something about the sleep chemicals in our bodies that are in flux right before we wake up. All I know is that it makes my stomach like a washing machine.

DF is more of an early riser and will set an alarm to get up early, even on a weekend or vacation day. I have to force him not to set that alarm and sleep in with me sometimes.

He has always been concerned about not waking me when he gets up super early. This morning he was so concerned that he decided to get his car out from behind mine by driving it over the grass and then onto our street. He is lucky, that with all the rain we've had, that he didn't get the damn thing stuck there. Honestly, I would prefer to wake up for a set of car keys over a stuck car.
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I am such a total night owl. I am best after 11 in the morning and would like to go to bed around 2am. When I was a midwife this was wonderful and when our kids were little my husband (up at 5 every morning without an alarm clock) would do the mornings and I would do the nights with the kids. This worked out especially well when the kids were teenagers as they don't seem ready to "talk" until about 11 pm.

Comment

Left to my own devices, I revert to going to bed sometime after 3 a.m. and getting up at around noon. I am so not a morning person.

I'm trying to train the little one to keep my schedule. I put him down around 11, then I hang out until he wakes up at 3:30ish. We fall back to sleep together, and I can usually entice him to stay down until 10:30-11:00.

Comment

My first alarm is set for 5:45, but Iusually get out of bed at 6. Have to be at work by 8. On he weekends I would like to sleep in, but my dog usually wakes me up early since that's what she is used to!!!
                  Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

Working...
                  X