Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Father's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
    Imagine the panic you'd create. Three kids he doesn't know holding a sign that says "Dad". Heck, gather up five and make a sign that says "Daddy".
    MrsK - I love your sense of humor. This cracked me up to no end this morning.

I think I am going to borrow a previous poster's idea of using paints and hand prints. A quick stop at the local art supply store for a canvas and some finger paints that we already have and we should be good to go.
    Kris

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      Imagine the panic you'd create. Three kids he doesn't know holding a sign that says "Dad". Heck, gather up five and make a sign that says "Daddy".
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
        I just posted a general post, but Amazon has the Flip for sale for $49.99 (down from $149.99) in the white one that records for 30 minutes, $99 for the 60 minute one.

<------ heading to amazon for a look!!!!
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Green fees for him and a friend.
          -Ladybug

Comment

I always get him the same thing...season tickets to college basketball games (also our alma mater) and some little gift thing (t-shirt, hat, book, etc.). Maybe this year I'll have DS make a little something, too.
            Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

Jane, your ideas are great! We have two kids and it never occurred to me to do something cute like that. Clearly, I lack any type of creativity.

Comment

Last year I gave him a hammock. This year might be the same. I think some insulation was stored on top of the hammock in the garage when we were remodeling. It is extremely itchy and I'm not sure how to make that go away.

Comment

Dh got new tires for his Suburban and a very large repair, which we will be paying off for many many father's days to come.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Stupid question. When is Father's Day?
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

June 21.

We're having a cookout and inviting my family (parents, two brothers and their families) and believe it or not even that will be a stretch on our apartment and my entertaining abilities.
                      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Another idea, is to do your child's thumbprint, and then draw bunny ears, a nose, smile, and whiskers. Then write "Thumb-bunny loves you! Happy Father's Day!"

Cheesy, I know, but when my babes were little I found doing a thumb print was easier than the hand.

Best of luck.

As far as gifts, I am still trying to figure it out. Dh just bought a $2000 bike on Craigs List for $975-- a cycling friend said the brakes, and some other components are worth that alone. He is training for a 400+ mile bike ride in Oregon during September. I might get him some camping gear for the trip.

Our 11 year anniversary is also this month, so I need to come up with something for that as well. I hate combining gifts.
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                        X