Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is iPhone worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH has an Iphone and uses it all the time. It helps him keep everything with him at all times. I like it because we can get phone #s easily and check email. I don't have one (I don't NEED one) but I do use his when we're all together. On a side note the clarity of the screen is amazing.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

My DH told me that they are going to start offering a $99 iPhone. At that price it makes it worth it. New phones cost around that anyways.
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

My husband is a gadget guy and bought the first iPhone model that came out. He loved it, and then he begged to get the new one (the 3G) when that came out. He does use the medical applications at work, but I think the best feature work-wise is the texting program. He gets tons of texts a day, and it's really easy for him to receive and send them. His hospital offers a discount with AT&T so that has made the cost a bit more palatable. It's still really expensive in my opinion.

I got an iPhone when the 3G model came out. I am pretty frugal and I didn't think I could fall in love with a phone, but we were consolidating into a family cell phone plan so I thought what the heck. I now LOVE my iPhone. I can't believe how much a difference it makes. I think it's worth it, both in terms of convenience and price.

By the way, a new model is coming out soon, the 3G S or something like that. If you are going to buy one, you may want to wait until the newest one is out.
        Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

Apple just dropped the price on the 8G iPhone to $99...
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
            Apple just dropped the price on the 8G iPhone to $99...
            I'm sure they just put the rest of the phone price in the monthly bills...

DH and I got iphones in December '07 (came to the realization recently that I've had my phone longer than I was with my ex from college... I like that).

We got the $400 kind with reasonable service plans (I think it was $115/month total). Then he conveniently *lost* his phone in a *cab* the week before the 3G model came out. (okay, he really did lose it, I just like to give him a hard time about the timing).
            So, he upgraded the following week and they added $15/month to our bill. I really want to switch to 3G but I refuse to do so until I've had the current phone for at least 2 years.

As for the "is it worth it?" I say yes. First, $30/month is reasonable for a data plan, isn't it? I think my law firm with a corporate bulk discount gets $25/month for data on blackberries, so for individuals to pay $30 seems reasonable. Plus the family plan is a good deal.

DH has tons and tons of medical applications on there... and yet his white coat is still ridiculously packed full of books and such. Perhaps it'd be worse if he didn't have his phone?
            Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

It looks like if you bought the 3G when it came out last year, you aren't eligible for an upgrade to the 3GS. So dumb. Apparently, ATT won't even be able to support some of the features (MMS, tethering) when the new phone comes out next week. Dh and I both have the 3G, and won't pay full price to upgrade.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                It looks like if you bought the 3G when it came out last year, you aren't eligible for an upgrade to the 3GS. So dumb. Apparently, ATT won't even be able to support some of the features (MMS, tethering) when the new phone comes out next week. Dh and I both have the 3G, and won't pay full price to upgrade.
                That's because the price of the 2nd generation phone is built in to the 2-year contract. You have to complete the contract (and thus finish paying off the phone) before you can upgrade.
                Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
                  That's because the price of the 2nd generation phone is built in to the 2-year contract. You have to complete the contract (and thus finish paying off the phone) before you can upgrade.
                  I hear you. The thing that irks me about not qualifying for an upgrade is that we paid full price for the 2nd generation iphone!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                  X