Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pet Peeves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves!

I am at work and the woman in the cube next to me is chomping, popping, and snapping her gum. We basically face each other with only a cubical wall separating us. Lord help me to not jump over the wall and snatch the gum out of her mouth. It's basically silent in here and each time i am in the middle of a thought. POP, SNAP, POP!!!! It's driving me nuts!!!

This is one of my biggest pet peeves! Growing up we were told repeatedly "chew with your mouth shut!" Thanks mom and dad for making me so hyper aware to such things!

Please tell me I'm not the only one with petty pet peeves.

Nope, you aren't alone. I really dislike people chewing loudly behind me. Does it make logical sense? No. I. just. really. don't. like. it. DH thinks it is just another one of my "quirks". Hang in there.

-C
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Quick! Offer her something yummy to eat!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by cassy
        like your fist.

lol
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Jobs ago, my cube neighbor had some sort of...sinus...allergy...snorty...thing going on. Somedays I could take a deep breath and try to realize that he probably feels congested and icky or that he has been doing it for so long that he isn't aware of it. At one point, I heard him explain a "sinus issue" to someone who must have asked so I decided not to say anything to him.

I nicknamed him (to myself) "Snotz". Sometimes it was really, really bad. I wondered what co-workers in other states thought was going on. Ditto for the mortgage broker or other personal phone calls. Does he do this at night? How does his wife sleep next to him?

I became less aware of it over time. Until the day I was on a call, he starts up next door, and the person I was talking to asked me if I was ok. "Yeah, fine, why do you ask?" Person on phone says, "It sounds like you have really bad allergies." O...M...G.... It's not me! It's Snotz! I swear! How many other people had I talked to who thought I was a phlegm volcano?

Comment

This is a friend's story but it's hilarious/sad:

My friend had a coworker (in PR in NYC) who was to put it mildly, very concerned about her weight. My friend often felt badly for her because she was mildly obsessive compulsive about it. One day, she heard the following sound:

Drawer opening, spritz spritz spritz, throat clearing, drawer shutting.

ALL DAY LONG, every 15 minutes.

The girl was spraying "I can't believe it's not butter" spray in her mouth every 15 minutes. Something about how then she wouldn't "crave" fat...
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Ah, this is helpful! It's reminding me that it could be a whole lot worse.

Comment

Yuck!!! That is really gross (the spraying).

My cube neighbor in Phoenix drove me crazy with her long talons on the keyboard. Clickety clackety clack on instant messenger all day long. But I'm a gum chewer so I probably drove her crazy too!

Comment

Oy. I shared an office for a while with a woman who talked on the phone (not about work) ALL DAY LONG. I felt like I knew her entire life story without ever having a conversation with her.
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                    Jobs ago, my cube neighbor had some sort of...sinus...allergy...snorty...thing going on. Somedays I could take a deep breath and try to realize that he probably feels congested and icky or that he has been doing it for so long that he isn't aware of it. At one point, I heard him explain a "sinus issue" to someone who must have asked so I decided not to say anything to him.

I nicknamed him (to myself) "Snotz". Sometimes it was really, really bad. I wondered what co-workers in other states thought was going on. Ditto for the mortgage broker or other personal phone calls. Does he do this at night? How does his wife sleep next to him?

I became less aware of it over time. Until the day I was on a call, he starts up next door, and the person I was talking to asked me if I was ok. "Yeah, fine, why do you ask?" Person on phone says, "It sounds like you have really bad allergies." O...M...G.... It's not me! It's Snotz! I swear! How many other people had I talked to who thought I was a phlegm volcano?
                    Dh does this during allergy season. He says it's post-nasal drip, and he won't do anything about it (like take Claritin - which DOES help!). GAHHHHH!!!! So annoying!
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Oh, if you do a search you'll find plenty of pet peeve threads! A lot of mine have to do with driving. And lines. Now that I think about it, people generally piss me off.

Nellie, the phrase "phlegm volcano" gave me a much needed laugh!!

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                        Dh does this during allergy season. He says it's post-nasal drip, and he won't do anything about it (like take Claritin - which DOES help!). GAHHHHH!!!! So annoying!

Alison, this was something I had never heard before or since. It was remarkable. The space planner for our building heard some of it and offered to move me but I was hesitant to give up my window and the flood of light. Another window spot opened up and I moved. And he kept at it, year round.

Comment

I shared an office with a woman who had 15 cats once. I tried to get my boss to talk to her but she was a weenie and just bought me a scented candle instead.

My pet peeve is people who go to yoga and then right when it's time to do the relaxation part at the end of class they GET UP and leave. I mean come on- it's maybe 10 minutes- maybe. and it's the best part of the whole thing. Meanwhile, any good and calm thoughts I may have had go right out the window while I have to hear people move about.

If you've made it through 45 minutes of a 55 minute class, just hang there are actually relax for those last 10 minutes.

Jenn

Comment

Here's mine. People that clip their nails at the desks/cubicles. Yuck! I mean, seriously???
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I shared an office with 2 other guys a few years ago. I only had one complaint...everytime I was on the phone with DH, one of the guys would chime in as if he were in on the call. I would ask DH want we should have for dinner and this guy would jump in and say "oh, you guys should have chicken since you had pasta last night..."

WTF...when you are trapped in a shared space, you can't openly welcome yourself into a personal conversation. So glad to be done with him!
                              And I can't stand gum smacking/chewing!
                              Danielle
                              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Working...
                              X