Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What information does your iphone sim card store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What information does your iphone sim card store?

So...my iphone got ruined in a root beer accident. I have the sim card, and am wondering exactly what will be on there. I didn't save my contacts to my computer and as a result I will even have to *gulp* ask my dad for his phone number.

Will that information be on my sim card? What about my calendar information, etc?

Thanks,

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

No idea what it stores, but have you tried anything to save your phone? I dropped mine in iced tea and thought it was dead. Vacuumed the excess water out, put it into a sealed container with some silica gel and voilĂ , it worked!

Comment

REALLY? We used a blow dryer on air setting (not a heat setting). It's been a few days, but I'm going to absolutely try your suggestion now too!!!!!

pleaseworkpleaseworkpleasework

Kris

Comment

Kris, someone suggested a bowl of uncooked rice. I'll bet the silica gel works better but you could try the rice in a pinch. It didn't work for my phone but is easy enough to try.

Comment

LOL I just finished trying to rummage through all of my purses to see if I could find a packet of silica gel! Duh...RICE...ok...I'm SO ON IT! If this works, I will be so happy!

Comment

Vacuuming the water pulls it out of the phone. A hair dryer will sometimes push it further in. You can buy silica gel for dirt cheap at arts/crafts stores. They use it for drying flowers.

I tried the rice, too, but didn't have any luck until the silica gel.

Comment

I have just had the same problem, Jack threw my phone in the bath on Tuesday, I put it in a bag of rice in the sun for 2 days and it is now working. SO happy! Hopefully I am not jinxing myself and any damage would have shown up by now. It was so annoying when it happened, I was struggling to get it out of the case, and we could not find the screwdriver to take it apart.

As for what the sim cards stores? No idea, but the calendar info should automatically sync to your computer.

Comment

Working...
              X