Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Did you guys see this story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
    It is times like this that I am reminded why I believe in the death penalty.
    Death is too quick and simple for them. Waaaay too easy. They need to suffer. They're why victims' families (or the public at large) don't get to decide on penalties, b/c just after reading that ONE article, never having heard of this story before and having no other vested interest, I keep thinking that the biblical methods of stoning a person to death and leaving their half-dead bodies for the vultures would STILL be too good for them.

Comment

I agree... I was thinking this would be a perfect opportunity for a prison guard to "look away" every so often...
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

This whole story is outrageous, and the most recent news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8227880.stm

The kidnappers are DENYING the kidnapping?! I am beyond disgusted. *shudder*

My heart goes out to Jaycee Lee, her children, and their family.
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I'm not surprised because in the warped minds of their insanity, they probably think that on some level they've 'saved' her.

Insane religious fanatics don't have the same reality as the rest of us.

J.

Comment

Excerpt from another article on CNN:

But Garrido said he had "completely turned my life around" in the past several years. "You're going to find the most powerful story coming from the witness, from the victim," he promised. "If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backward, and in the end, you're going to find the most powerful, heartwarming story."

He added, "Wait till you hear the story of what took place at this house. You're going to be absolutely impressed. It's a disgusting thing that took place with me in the beginning, but I turned my life completely around."

Describing his two daughters, he said, "Those two girls slept in my arms every single night from birth; I never kissed them."

In a later comment, he said that, from the time the youngest was born, "everything turned around."
            Sick ba$tard!
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
              ya know Kris I'm really surprised to hear this from you! Do you really think so? I'd welcome her as my neighbor. If she needed to be left alone that would be fine, if she needed a friend that would also be fine with me. Although I could Never understand her struggles truly, I think I could be kind friend to her and her children.
              Ditto. But then, my mom has been known to bring home homeless moms with their kids. Imagine your friends down the street asking who the woman and two little girls are at your house and you responding, "My mommy brought them home from the laundry mat." Like it's no big deal. Oh, and introducing your children to Vanessa and her daughter Audrey. From Cameroon. Then showing them a map and explaining that when they arrived in this country they had no place to stay so Abuela invited them to live with her.

Since I'm my mom's daughter, I'm pretty sure I'd offer to homeschool her daughters right alongside my own. And take them shopping at Macy's and teach mom to drive. Not to make light of anything, but I learned from my mom you just do what needs to be done -- as much as you can do, no matter how little you have or how bad their situation was.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by marissanicole3 View Post
                sick ba$tard!
                qft
                Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                  I hope to God since the story is so big that she and the kids are offered the best of professional care for years and decades to come.
                  I hope so too. And I hope that she and her children find peace in their lives. As Jenn said, people are resilient and I think it is possible. Still, I truly can't imagine what this would be like. The majority of her life and all of her adult years in this situation? It is more than I can wrap my brain around.
                  Last edited by cupcake; 08-29-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

There's some new info about this story. Apparently she worked in the kidnapper's printing shop (E-mails show kidnap victim worked at suspect's business).

If that's true, then at least she hasn't been isolated the whole time. It's probably good news that she's been interacting with people. This just gets stranger and stranger...
                    Laurie

Comment

It's the Patty Hearst syndrome.

Jenn

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking Jenn.
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't have cable tv/news, so forgive me if I'm behind on all this. But is anyone watching Dr. Phil re this story?? OMG I'm just horrified for the victim.
                          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                          X