Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Yay--another newbie like me!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Welcome!
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole3 View Post
            What they do at the hospital is really rough but I think being the other spouse can be just as difficult in a different way - often times it is the non-medical spouse who not only makes sacrifices but is the glue that holds a medical family together (I just want to make sure you are giving yourself enough credit!)

Do you work outside the home, go to school or are you a SAHM? Tell us more about yourself!

and nice to meet you!

Sure, I'd be glad to tell you more about myself. Often, I'm more of a reader than a writer. Oh well!

I'm married to a great guy who is in his first year in an internal medicine residency (with a research focus). We are in the great midwest, both being born and raised here. We have 3 wonderful children aged 6 years, 3 years, and 9 months - all girls!

We recently moved to our new location for the start of DH's residency and are currently shopping for houses as we thought it would be best to set down some roots first and then get a feel for our new location. We're hoping this helps us find a place that is most appropriate for us and our needs.

Medical school was pretty rough going for DH as his school believes in a survival of the fittest philosophy and he is actually a pretty mild mannered guy compared to most of the folks up there. Needless to say, that was more or less unnatural for him and unfortunately he brought a lot of that stress home with him over the years. It has been a bumpy road for us, and at times I've wondered if it was all worth it. Now that we are through the first couple months of residency and things seem to be quieting down I think we are looking at a continued good transition to our new life. We are really looking forward to owning a home!

Anyhow, at some point I'm sure I'll have something to post in the marriage matters forum as I'm sure I'll need you gals (and guys) too at times! For now, though, I can't say enough about how glad I am that I've been there for him when he needed me. We have a great family with three wonderful girls, and are thinking about adding to it, and are looking forward to a great future together!

Comment

Welcome!!
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
              X