Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

50 posts...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies - I don't mean to sound like a bitch but we have the 50 post count for a reason, one word comments and comments on topics that are trivial are not going to get you where you need to be. We need to get to know new members and now that they are REALLY med spouses with true concerns and not trolls or others trying to find out information about our members. We've had issues in the past and as you all know or will learn the medical community is very small and we have to protect that.
    Totally understandable--I hate the trolls and flaming I see on other boards *cough* The Knot *cough*

LadyMoreta can testify that I am real, though--I promise! I dragged my DF out to have lunch with her last Friday and I blabbed about med school the whole time.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
      Niener, thanks for being patient. I think once you have access to those forums you will understand why they are private. You'll get there before you know it.
      LOL, it's good practice for when I have kids, right??

But seriously, DH gets on to me all the time for being impatient. I just get so excited I can't contain myself!!

I've got 20 minutes left on my lunch break so I can talk about nothing until then!
      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
        Newbies - I don't mean to sound like a bitch but we have the 50 post count for a reason, one word comments and comments on topics that are trivial are not going to get you where you need to be. We need to get to know new members and now that they are REALLY med spouses with true concerns and not trolls or others trying to find out information about our members. We've had issues in the past and as you all know or will learn the medical community is very small and we have to protect that.

The forums that have been moved have been moved for a reason, we are here as a support group and a resource but need to protect our members.

I totally respect that. Nor did I post just to post. I try not to comment on anything I don't believe I have the qualifications/experience to comment on. Honestly my last post was due to boredom and if it offended you I truly apologize. There are many concerns I am not ready to bring up yet becuase I do not know you all well enough and I wouldn't comment on someones thread that I did not know well enough it was severely personal and I wasnt experienced in the situation. I truely respect the 50 post rule, and apologize again if you were offended by any of my posts.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Aw, We were only kidding around.
          I have been a part of a few message boards - and totally GET the weeding out of the trolls. We have had some pretty sad experiences with them - wasn't trying to make light of the rules here!! Sorry!

Comment

When I started for some reason I thought the rule was 100 posts... so it seriously took me several weeks (maybe even a few months) before I thought I could post in the private forums... and I might have had the privileges prior but I didn't figure out how to go in and change the setting myself until I was well over a hundred...
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Sweet!
              I'm not going to lie--I posted often just so I could reach the 50.
              Okay, I realize this looks really bad now--I didn't just sit here all day and post meaningless blabber (well, I guess that's a matter of opinion)--I just got excited this morning because I was at 47
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post

The forums that have been moved have been moved for a reason, we are here as a support group and a resource but need to protect our members.
                I 100% understand this rule and do not fault y'all AT ALL for implementing it. In fact, I appreciate that you have this rule because I have participated in multiple boards that are covered up in trolls and useless posts that just about make you not want to visit in the first place.

Sometimes my impatient nature gets the best of me. I will be a good patient girl now

I apologize if my comments and sad attempts at being funny came off as rude and disrespectful to the admins. That was certainly not my intention.

And anything more you want to know about me just ask!!

And for the heck of it, here's a little more insite into me:

- I have 2 cats -- a little orange one named Ella who thinks she's a princess (probably because she is), and a big fat grey one named Gabriel (who we believe has multiple personality disorder)
                - I am left-brained AND right-brained (creative and analytical, messy and organized, carefree and OCD)
                - I have played the violin since I was 4 years old
                - I taught myself how to play the guitar in 2 hours
                - I am an only child but am often told I don't act like one (except for that whole impatient thing )
                - My favorite season is fall
                - I love college basketball
                - I think everything is better with a little peanut butter or cheese
                - coca-cola is my crack
                - I feel naked without my earrings
                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
                  I 100% understand this rule and do not fault y'all AT ALL for implementing it. In fact, I appreciate that you have this rule because I have participated in multiple boards that are covered up in trolls and useless posts that just about make you not want to visit in the first place.

Sometimes my impatient nature gets the best of me. I will be a good patient girl now

I apologize if my comments and sad attempts at being funny came off as rude and disrespectful to the admins. That was certainly not my intention.

And anything more you want to know about me just ask!!

And for the heck of it, here's a little more insite into me:

- I have 2 cats -- a little orange one named Ella who thinks she's a princess (probably because she is), and a big fat grey one named Gabriel (who we believe has multiple personality disorder)
                  - I am left-brained AND right-brained (creative and analytical, messy and organized, carefree and OCD)
                  - I have played the violin since I was 4 years old
                  - I taught myself how to play the guitar in 2 hours
                  - I am an only child but am often told I don't act like one (except for that whole impatient thing )
                  - My favorite season is fall
                  - I love college basketball
                  - I think everything is better with a little peanut butter or cheese
                  - coca-cola is my crack
                  - I feel naked without my earrings
                  Uh-oh - not sure we can be friends. Coke? Really? lol...
                  I like your description!!

Comment

I used the Debates forums to get to my first 50 - I'm always happy to share my opinions!
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole3 View Post
                      When I started for some reason I thought the rule was 100 posts... so it seriously took me several weeks (maybe even a few months) before I thought I could post in the private forums... and I might have had the privileges prior but I didn't figure out how to go in and change the setting myself until I was well over a hundred...

I just broke 10,000 posts. I've been posting on this site since it began (what was that - maybe 9 or 10 years ago?).

The 50 post rule is definitely there for a reason. And, there was debate over what the number should be (before a poster could break into the private forums). Personally, I lean more towards a 100 post requirement. And, I think Lily's idea of deleting the blatant post pads by new members is a good one.

There is a reason the private forums are private.
                      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                      With fingernails that shine like justice
                      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

As the others have stated, we have had some doozies in the past- for example, we've had ads for real estate in the south of France (we thought about combining income and buying the place but we were all resident spouses at the time)

We've had trolls from SDN (student doctor network) trying to figure out what exactly their spouses are doing over here OR starting "doctors are so important so shut up and make my dinner statements"

and we've had reporters. Lots and lots of reporters. (they're usually really easy to spot because they clearly no nothing of what it's like)

I'm waiting for someone to start trolling here because of the health care debate going on here in the states. (although if they think our members or their doctor spouses are in any way a unified front, they're smoking crack.)

So, that's the background. and yes, we pay attention to substance in the posts, too.

Hugs and Kisses-

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                          As the others have stated, we have had some doozies in the past- for example, we've had ads for real estate in the south of France (we thought about combining income and buying the place but we were all resident spouses at the time)

We've had trolls from SDN (student doctor network) trying to figure out what exactly their spouses are doing over here OR starting "doctors are so important so shut up and make my dinner statements"

and we've had reporters. Lots and lots of reporters. (they're usually really easy to spot because they clearly no nothing of what it's like)

I'm waiting for someone to start trolling here because of the health care debate going on here in the states. (although if they think our members or their doctor spouses are in any way a unified front, they're smoking crack.)

So, that's the background. and yes, we pay attention to substance in the posts, too.

Hugs and Kisses-

Jenn
                          What? You don't just shut up and make dinner?

And seriously, reporters?

I think it is important to be wary anyway... you would be if you just met someone at the park or at a social function - it should be the same here.

Comment

Ironically, that is how I found this place. My roommate sent me an AP article about being a medical spouse and how it was all gloom and doom. Freaked me out--this forum was mentioned in the article, so I checked it out

Comment

I still say someone connected to Advertising, trolled and took Sven... that was just too weird!!??

Comment

Definitely- Sven was Kelly's first. I think she should sue. It's not like we don't have years of proof that we had him here first!

J.

Comment

Working...
                                X