Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

50 posts...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't think I was the originator of asshat- although everyone gives me credit. I think it was SpottyDog who came up with that gem.

I will take credit for it's propagation, as I'm about to hit 15,000 posts. (I clearly need a life)

Jenn

ETA- well, I apparently have already passed 15k. Scary. My husband just says, "so, how are the Spouses?"

Comment

Originally posted by luanne123 View Post
      my personal favorite is dcjenn's "asshat". I use it way too often irl.
      me too!
      Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
      Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

I don't know where the term asshat comes from, but I know it has made it FAR past this board because my older sister who I promise has NEVER been anywhere near this board loves it. Either way, whoever originated it was brilliant.

My SO and I's favorite non swear swear word is "oh stairs" While in Israel we seemed to always be going UP stair and never down. And thus they became a swear word.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

when ever I have a problem, big or small....I know I can *always* count on my peeps here. I feel blessed to have found this place...about 4.5 years ago.
          Last edited by rainbabies; 09-10-2009, 07:24 PM.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

It took me some time to reach my 50 posts, but I am glad that I made each of my posts meaningful because I feel like I am actually getting to know the other members on here and hopefully they are getting to know me too. I felt like the post limit made this group one that I felt I eventually could share personal and private information with, without feeling as if I have posted it for *anyone* to easily find. Although I haven't been here but a few months, in those few months, I have moved half way across the country - away from everything and everyone I've known, interviewed and scored a new job/possibly career, and have started this medical path with my DH. Each of those accomplishments has been with the support of this group - I'm truly not sure what I would have done without this group and I personally cherish the group and full-heartedly support the privacy and intimacy of the content that we discuss on a regular basis. Although IRL I feel alone during this adjustment to my new lifestyle, here, I feel understood and accepted. Honestly, by the time I hit my 50 posts, I was just getting to know everyone and then I took my time in the Call Room learning even more. I would have felt awkward just jumping into the Call Room without my "intro" with General Rounds to get to know everyone. Although I don't post as frequently as some, whenever I have exciting news (like my new job) I tell this community right after telling DH and family! Anyway - sorry for the rant...just my two cents - I like the 50 post limit and I like that the posted threads are meaningful and offer insight into this lifestyle (or a member of the community). Thanks all!! *Crystal done*
            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Here is the article:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...cal.html?cat=4

Finding this community was a huge blessing for me, especially when the first person that responded to my initial post just happened to have gone to the same school, had the same major, and the same job search experience as me!

I know I'm young (DF is still interview for med school and we aren't getting married until June) but I have soooo many questions that no one can really answer. DF's mom is married to a doctor, but she was a doctor herself, so the experience is different. My mother has good intentions, but doesn't have a stinkin' clue in this area. She doesn't understand that the sacrifices we'll have to make are pretty normal for the medical world--in her eyes we should be able to live in Dallas forever!

DF has wanted to be a doctor for as long as he can remember, and I think we are making the right choice, but it scares the heck out of me sometimes. His dad (doctor who has been quite successful) is great, but the night of our Jr. prom DF had a breakdown in the car about how his dad was never around. When we were seniors in HS, he told me how his mother tearily told him about how abandoned she felt sometimes. (future-FIL is a great guy, but travels 1/3 of the year and works from 6am-7pm on a good day).

I just have so many questions and love to hear all of your advice--it really reassures me that we can make this work--but IMO knowledge is power!
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

PS--now that I think about it, some of the threads I started probably looked like I was gathering info for an article or something (What would you tell him, what would you do differently, was your husband available at pregnancy)

In reality, these are just questions I've had and wondered about for a long time, and I was excited that I finally found people that could answer them--that's the explanation for my crazy amount of posting in the last 2 weeks.
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm now wondering if the author is the same spouse who's dh was a semester behind mine, in med school. She doesn't list and family specifics. Hmmmmm.. ...
                  ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                    ETA- well, I apparently have already passed 15k. Scary. My husband just says, "so, how are the Spouses?"
                    I laughed at this. I've started so many sentences in the last year "on the med boards they said xxxx". I knew it was getting ingrained to DF when I was commenting on some aspect of med school/training the other day and he said to me, "well, what did they say on the med board?". I'm glad he knows to show respect to you all!!
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Because we are so new in the lifestyle, much of DH's information comes from here...in fact a few nights ago he was talking about "some website that lists residencies and info" and I responded with "oh, yea, I'll email you the link!" He was impressed and loves to hear about the perspective from the "spouses".

Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I found this place back in 2004 - maybe it was 2003 - I think DH was a pgy3 or may have been pgy2 - so that would make 2002!!! WOW - it was 6 yrs ago. Time must really fly when you are having fun....HA!

Still, I only post when I feel I have something different to add - something that has not already been said. That is why I do not have many posts. I post this for those who are new or might be a little shy to join to let you know that it is ok to not reach the 50 or 100 mark of posts. You can still benefit greatly from the general forums. I feel like I know so many - and would rather send a PM rather than post something specific.

So, nooo pressure.
                        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I joined right after DH matched, so it was January 2004. 5 1/2 years ago - I say "on the medspouse board" all the time and DH knows exactly who I'm talking about
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's funny because S told me the other day that I should stop reading... I told him that he wasn't going to be very happy when I was right and he was wrong

I appreciate this place more than you would know - it allows me to feel like I am somewhat involved in his life more, even thought I am thousands of miles away!!

Comment

Don't stone me - DH refers to us as "the cronies." I don't even remember how it started but now I use the same term (we mean it nicely ofcourse!). I remember I didn't even introduce myself but jumped in with a long, agonizing post about DH wanting to do a fellowship and how upset I was. That was in 2002 or 2003.

Comment

Re: 50 posts...

Amber,

We old folks can be a little tough to read! Generally speaking we are a pretty easy crowd to get along with. Sometimes we need to be reminded that we were starting out on this journey once too.

We don't intentionally exclude anyone. Sometimes we just need a gentle reminder. The good news is that you have joined a group of people who protect and care for each other in meaningful ways bothbinline and offline.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                                X