Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

50 posts...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jane View Post
    I wonder if that can explain our recent boost of newbies. We usually get them shortly after Match Day, and then again around July 1, but just in the past couple weeks we've gotten a lot of new people.

I, too, think 100 posts has merit, but I'm torn. I was a novice poster (as in, I'd never participated in an online forum) when I joined, and 100 probably would have been off-putting to me. But clearly that isn't the case for everyone when the 50 post requirement can be met in a weekend, while another poster who has just been taking her time and getting to know the site is still waiting for access. Obviously there has to be a threshold, and 50 is the number that the powers-that-be decided on. It can usually weed out the folks who are trolls. We want to be accessible for those who need it -- b/c sometimes there *is* really a need. When I found this site I was at my wits end - not just curious about what was to come.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it's a hard balance to strike.

I have a link on my blog to the forums, and I also mention this site a lot on the doctorwives blog... and oddly enough I have noticed a few of the newbies (seaside and amber to name two) are on both... I am kinda curious if they found both coincidentally or if they found one and my links led them to the other....?
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole3 View Post
      I have a link on my blog to the forums, and I also mention this site a lot on the doctorwives blog... and oddly enough I have noticed a few of the newbies (seaside and amber to name two) are on both... I am kinda curious if they found both coincidentally or if they found one and my links led them to the other....?

Like I mentioned previously, I found this site from the doctorwives blog, (over there I am JumpingJane) which I found from a blog doctor's girlfriend, which I found from googling when I was trying to find some reassurance early on in J and my relationship. So it took me a few steps to get here, but I am glad I did. BTW, love survivor saturdays. I look forward to that and the polls each week.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole3 View Post
        Yup - I found the board from your blog
        I don't even know how I found your blog... but I found that, then found Lives of Doctors Wives blog and then I came here! I think it was all in the span of the day when I was panicking because I felt so alone in the journey!

Comment

Champagne, orgasms, and chocolate... what an eloquent summary of all those post-training promises. I love it.
          Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Wow... just realized the Pregnancy forum went Private. Bummer. I haven't been online for a few days and just realized it now. Guess my inevitable remaining pregnancy meltdowns will have to be broadcast in Grand Rounds for the time being (only 4 more weeks to go, how many more can I have, right?).
            Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Re: 50 posts...

How many posts do you have? (posting from iPhone and can't see that info)

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Maybe for the pregnancy section, we can offer special dispensation to those who let us know that you are pregnant.

Jenn

Comment

Yes, I was just thinking that adding JC76 *just* to the pregnancy forum would make sense, then add her to the rest once she hits 50...she's at 30-some posts, last I noticed, Kris.
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                    I'm not even sure how long I've been here.... it's been a few years though, for sure.
                    Do you remember if you got here before or after Jane? I'm thinking after?
                    Alison

Comment

Jane as in me? Or the one that is really named Jane? She joined after me, but I joined after the real Jane (migirl).

Comment

Jane as in me? Or the one that is really named Jane? She joined after me, but I joined after the real Jane (migirl).
                        haha. I think I had to read that sentence three times and was still a bit confused. It seems there are a lot of real and non Janes here.. but technically its only part of my middle name so I guess I too am a non Jane
                        -L.Jane

Comment

There is JaneDoe as well - she's been around for ages. I've had lots of names, but Jane is an ode to my IL's who called me Jane well into the first 4 years of my marriage, even though my name is Jenn.

Comment

There is JaneDoe as well - she's been around for ages. I've had lots of names, but Jane is an ode to my IL's who called me Jane well into the first 4 years of my marriage, even though my name is Jenn.
                            oh, ouch? I am so sorry. That's.. horrible.
                            -L.Jane

Comment

Jane as in you, I should have said Jane/Jenn. I was just going back through my own posts and I saw where I encouraged Angie to meet up with "the new Jenn" after she moved to Ohio. I was pretty sure Lily wasn't on the board at that time, but I think maybe she came soon after.
                              Alison

Comment

We've got to make some type of iMSN geneaology and make it a sticky. It is fun to see who joined when, who went away and came back, and who came recently and zoomed to the top of the post heap quickly.

I'm trying hard to catch up on the boards these days. It's been a busy summer. I still need to post my summer travel log and some photos. (That would be the kind of thing that would land in the private forum - mostly because of the photos.)
                                Angie
                                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                                X