Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

After infatuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i.am.Bama View Post
    This question has already been answered several times I believe you can find that answer in my intro thread

So much for this thread... It's taken a turn I didn't even foresee
    I am new to the site too, and I have realized that it is hard to read every single thread. Usually I just answer people's questions as they come up, because it is disruptive to be on one topic (infatuation) and have to go back to read something else (intro thread) to find out a piece of information that would help the current conversation make sense. It's easier for me to say, "yes, I'm married to a doctor" than for the other person to find it out themselves. That's just me though. With that said, I am engaged so maybe it is too early to state my thoughts on the infatuation stage. I'm still head over heels for him, even though our current situation is tough (him working all the time, us living apart). I am sure living together will bring a lot of our differences to the forefront, but he is my best friend and I will work hard to overcome anything I need to in order to keep him in my life and trust that he feels the same.

Comment

Re: After infatuation

But my status has nothing to with helping someone understand anything in this thread. With very little input to the topic I'm singled out, how is that helping anybody in regard to answering the question about infatuation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I. Am. Bama,

I'm afraid that with some recent problems we have had that you might have been wrongly mistaken for someone else.

I'd like to suggest that we all take a deep breath and have a do over.

Kris

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

But my status has nothing to with helping someone understand anything in this thread. With very little input to the topic I'm singled out, how is that helping anybody in regard to answering the question about infatuation?

You're right, I did mess that up. It should have been: the other thread would've helped to answer a question posed in the current thread. I have answered the same question in different places, but I think that people are interested so I don't mind repeating myself (or maybe it is just my own self-absorption that makes it not a bother to me, IDK!). That's what I've noticed others doing as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
            I'd like to suggest that we all take a deep breath and have a do over.

Heh. So much word.

Comment

Well I don't really mind repeating myself either but I do see a pattern forming. It's like most around here are a lil on the defensive side, and knowing some of the history of the site... It seems ad if I have to prove myself or something. I'm not here to prove anything or myself to anyone. All I want to do is enjoy the site, but that's kinda hard to do when "flags are raised" & and you're told well not told but someone makes suggestions that "you should stop asking questions"

But it's whatever... Hopefully things will work themselves out for the better

Comment

Well I don't really mind repeating myself either but I do see a pattern forming. It's like most around here are a lil on the defensive side, and knowing some of the history of the site... It seems ad if I have to prove myself or something. I'm not here to prove anything or myself to anyone. All I want to do is enjoy the site, but that's kinda hard to do when "flags are raised" & and you're told well not told but someone makes suggestions that "you should stop asking questions"

But it's whatever... Hopefully things will work themselves out for the better

It is all personal preference, I guess. Like I said, I'm new here too (argh! there's the repetition again!) so I'm learning as well. I am sorry you feel like people are being defensive. I hope you'll have better experiences. Many people find this site to be a great comfort. Enough about things unrelated to infatuation

Comment

Working...
                X