Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ohhhh your husband is a doctor. He is cute and smart. If you don't want him, I do

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
    Speaking of "work husbands"...my DH has a few women at work who have introduced themselves to me at gatherings as Patrick's "work wife". These are nurses nearing retirement who love DH as a brother. They have looked out for him since he started at the hospital as an attending, and they absolutely have his best interests at heart. I love these women! Amazing, wonderful people who have been very, very supportive.
    My mom referred to my dad's nurses as his "other women." These women stood by him and my mother as he fought prostate cancer and eventually died. My mother will be forever grateful for their support and loyalty.

My other father is a judge and my uncle is a very very successful lawyer, as in one of the top in our state, and they both talk about how much money DH will make. You'd seriously think they were living on the streets the way they talk about doctor money. But in reality, I think we all know that our DH's will or do make more than most people, so I do understand some people's fascination I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by shrinkjamie View Post
      Speaking of "work husbands"...my DH has a few women at work who have introduced themselves to me at gatherings as Patrick's "work wife". These are nurses nearing retirement who love DH as a brother. They have looked out for him since he started at the hospital as an attending, and they absolutely have his best interests at heart. I love these women! Amazing, wonderful people who have been very, very supportive. They all friended me on FB as well and often razz DH in the OR. I fully support his work wives and often send goodies to them. Someone has to keep DH in line all day, and I am grateful to them!
      Oh, don't get me wrong - I have no problem with the "work spouse" thing. I worked in IT, where it's really common. As long as no one crosses any lines, it can make work a lot more fun, and it's great to have someone who has your back. I've only ever seen one case with coworkers where it crossed the line into inappropriate behavior, and it was quite the office scandal. Most people are decent and know to keep it friendly and professional.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by RocketBoy View Post
        "Ohh, Doctor, your husband is an Engineer? He's...er...smart..If you don't want him I think I might know of a website he can get on to possibly find someone who does.."

One can fantasize, right?

RB
        If I were you I'd call myself a rocket scientist....it has a little better sound than engineer. Just kidding ya!!
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
          The bottom line is that a marriage and the attempt to break it up is a very, very different situation from a dating one.
          So what you're saying is it doesn't matter what generalizations are made, it is just when a husband is involved that it counts? I thought everyone was getting onto kissmycheek b/c she was supposedly propagating stereotypes. But here it seems that the bottom line is not the stereotype issue, it is the marital status of the doctor issue.

Comment

Since the beginning of our marriage I have had paranoia about the women who flirt with DH. This is due to an infidelity early on his part. After being an attending in the same hospital for 8 years where everyone knew he was married and all of his partners were faithful to their wives, I had learned to relax a bit. Now he has gone to a new hospital where there is a PA who thinks she needs to go doctor surfing for her new husband. She had the nerve to call him when we were in Cleveland at a concert. She got a big earful from me after I read the texts to him stating "I really need to talk to you, I have been crying all day".

The paranoia is back needless to say. Just another freaking reason I want to get the hell out of Ohio. I know that these women would not find DH so appealing if he was a mechanic or garbage man.

Comment

Originally posted by trisha2486 View Post
              Since the beginning of our marriage I have had paranoia about the women who flirt with DH. This is due to an infidelity early on his part. After being an attending in the same hospital for 8 years where everyone knew he was married and all of his partners were faithful to their wives, I had learned to relax a bit. Now he has gone to a new hospital where there is a PA who thinks she needs to go doctor surfing for her new husband. She had the nerve to call him when we were in Cleveland at a concert. She got a big earful from me after I read the texts to him stating "I really need to talk to you, I have been crying all day".

The paranoia is back needless to say. Just another freaking reason I want to get the hell out of Ohio. I know that these women would not find DH so appealing if he was a mechanic or garbage man.
              Aw, I am really sorry! I can only imagine. How did she get his phone number? He has to shut that business down ASAP, out of respect for you. She should not be contacting him. Yes, it is one thing if they are friends of both of yours - but if she is needing a consoling shoulder to cry on - she needs to go find a single, unattached individual that can lend his/her support.

*Hugs* to you... I wouldn't be feeling so great either!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mmart36 View Post
                So what you're saying is it doesn't matter what generalizations are made, it is just when a husband is involved that it counts? I thought everyone was getting onto kissmycheek b/c she was supposedly propagating stereotypes. But here it seems that the bottom line is not the stereotype issue, it is the marital status of the doctor issue.
                In my mind, I agree with many of the women on here who have said that it is up to their man to respect the relationship they are in. I recognize that outside women cannot be held accountable if *your SO* is not wearing a ring and is not married - it may be ignorance on their part. It is however, up to your SO to assess the situation and remain faithful and committed to your relationship. To me, the difference lies in that whether married or not - the DR. needs to take responsibility in curbing these advances; and if married, the women who make such passes willingly are disrespectful and despicable.
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                  In my mind, I agree with many of the women on here who have said that it is up to their man to respect the relationship they are in. I recognize that outside women cannot be held accountable if *your SO* is not wearing a ring and is not married - it may be ignorance on their part. It is however, up to your SO to assess the situation and remain faithful and committed to your relationship. To me, the difference lies in that whether married or not - the DR. needs to take responsibility in curbing these advances; and if married, the women who make such passes willingly are disrespectful and despicable.
                  I absolutely agree with this.
                  100%

Comment

Originally posted by mmart36 View Post
                    I stated that breaking up a marriage is different from breaking up a dating situation (see the quote you referenced in the above post). And, it is. Sorry that you don't see or understand that.
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                    X