Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
    So, for me, it's always been that way. I honestly didn't pay attention to how older kids dressed before I was in high school.
    Mean Girls affirmed it: Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like total sluts and no other girls can say anything about it.

Ha! I was just about to quote mean girls! Until I read a lil more and saw that you did.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
      I just learned that I am going to be husband-less this Halloween because he has an interview on the 30th and will make a long weekend out of it to visit him family.

So, I spoke to my friends from college and am going to join them on what might be my last Halloween in NYC. The costume theme is important women throughout history (Marie Curie, Susan B. Anthony, Betsy Ross, Sandra Day O'Connor, etc.). And b/c it's Halloween in the village, the costumes will be scandalous.

I'm excited for a night out with the girls. As I creep into my late 20s (and possibly move to a more conservative area), I imagine the holiday will have to change for me.
      Be safe in the Village! Last year DH and I went out there on Halloween (not necessarily by choice, but mainly because I had a craving for cookies that only Insomniac Cookies could cure--and it just happened to be October 31st). Anyways... I couldn't believe how many creepy guys there were leering at all the women. Stay close to your girls!

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
        Be safe in the Village! Last year DH and I went out there on Halloween (not necessarily by choice, but mainly because I had a craving for cookies that only Insomniac Cookies could cure--and it just happened to be October 31st). Anyways... I couldn't believe how many creepy guys there were leering at all the women. Stay close to your girls!
        Oh definitely! Since I went to college in that area, I know how crazy it can get (I went as a devil freshman year and was called a "horny devil" by approx. 291736827136 strangers).
        We'll probably just do the parade, meet up with my friend at the Barrow after her show gets out and then head elsewhere. And we're a very "no girl left behind/alone" kind of group.
        Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Working...
        X