Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Brrrrr.... It is cold outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm - yeh, we're expecting snow too!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It was 82 degrees and 88 Percent humidity today. Sucked. 60+ days of 100+ temps, followed by two weeks of rain and now- permasteamroom.

This year's weather has been horrible.

I don't want it to be cold, I just want to walk the dogs without having to take a shower afterwards.

Jenn

Comment

I LOVE the cold! I'm dreaming of traveling to Germany for Christkindlmarkts right now...
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Um. -12C here with snow on the ground. The kids were so excited about the snow this morning (jumping on the couch and chanting "It's SNOWING it's SNOWING") that I almost accepted it. But then I gave them a chance to play in it they came in about 30 seconds later complaining of the cold and asking for hot chocolate.

I don't mind winter, but I like it best when it starts in December.

Comment

It snowed here most of yesterday but didn't stick. I hate cold weather anyway, and especially in October. At least our heat works.
            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

We are enjoying gorgeous weather here. Mid 80's for the highs and upper 50's for the lows. I imagine we'll be up in the 90's again by Halloween but we are lovin' it while we can
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

At 11AM it is only 40 degrees AND the sun has been shining all morning. Tomorrow is a forecast of rain and snow mix. Should really suck!

I am hoping that people won't feel compelled to stay inside. I have a booth at a craft show this weekend and it really sucks when people don't want to leave their homes because of the weather.
                Kris

Comment

Well, the weather in South Texas has changed dramatically AGAIN. This morning a cold front blew in with sideways rain and it's chilly. (like normal people chilly, not oh, it's 85 must get our sweaters chilly)

I walked the dude to school in the pouring rain (would have taken a lot longer to drive and we would have been just as wet) and then walked the dogs because the Princess won't pee in the rain unless she's on a leash. [I think she has adapted very well to indoor doggie lifestyle. No more acting like a stray...]

Jenn

Comment

I feel you. So, this displaced Californian is facing a high of 34 tomorrow with Snow/Showers/Wind. UCK!!

And yesterday was my first time driving in snow/showers. I did okay - stuck to surface streets...I am such a wimp!

BRRRR!!!
                    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Crystal: Another displaced Californian here; I eventually gave in and got snow tires. Not the knobbly ones, but the high-traction rubber. I _can_ drive without them in snow, but I don't like to.

Funnily enough my wife feels about driving in rain the same way I do about driving in snow, while for me rain is .... well, normal driving conditions, basically, for half the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X