Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Speaking of games, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dammit! It's Rock Band, too. I might have to look for used instruments.

Comment

Jenn - we only had Guitar Hero until the Beatles Rock Band came out - we bought the game ONLY and DH has had NO issues playing it on the Wii with GH guitars. If someone is telling you otherwise, that is BS!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
        Wii Music pretty much sucks. We got it last Christmas and were really disappointed.
        Oh, that's really too bad. I'm on the prowl for good group activities for Thanksgiving. My parents like the idea of the Wii but thought Mario Kart was too hard, so we're talking seriously basic here. I thought a music game might be fun for my mom the music teacher.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
          Jenn - we only had Guitar Hero until the Beatles Rock Band came out - we bought the game ONLY and DH has had NO issues playing it on the Wii with GH guitars. If someone is telling you otherwise, that is BS!
          Really? Thanks Cheri!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
            Oh, that's really too bad. I'm on the prowl for good group activities for Thanksgiving. My parents like the idea of the Wii but thought Mario Kart was too hard, so we're talking seriously basic here. I thought a music game might be fun for my mom the music teacher.
            Julia - if they've got the Wii, I'll send you my Wii Music so you can try it out. We play it so infrequently it won't be missed here. I had high hopes, but there is really nothing that you get to play like the actual instrument ... I was really disappointed.

Comment

Rock Band is sooo awesome! My sitter was telling me about a game for toddlers....I'll try to find the name. Daegan plays MarioKart all.the.time.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oceanchild, I bet your mom would love Wii Music. We have it and my mom loves to play it. There is a mode where you get to be the conductor.....she's all over that. We like it okay, but it isn't great. Nellie, we have Rock Band, but I finally nixed it because it disturbed me to see my kids (especially the younger two) singing some of the more questionable lyrics OVER and OVER as they tried to get a better score. However, I've got my eye on a new game, called "Band Hero" that is coming out in November. It is rated E10+ (the others are rated T) and has more kid-friendly songs. We also have the game "Boogie" and it is kind of fun....more fun than Wii Music for the kids, but not as much fun as Rock Band/Guitar Hero. Hussey, definitely the Wii, especially for Nikolai.
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                  Really? Thanks Cheri!
                  Jenn, DH does say that some of the older/original Rock Bands don't work with the GH guitar but the newer ones (including the Beetles) does.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thanks, Sally!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                      Jenn, DH does say that some of the older/original Rock Bands don't work with the GH guitar but the newer ones (including the Beetles) does.
                      Okay. I'm in it for the Beatles and the new Lego Rock Band, so hopefully I'll be okay.

Comment

Wii all the way. We had a play station and an Xbox but I found the Wii to be very family friendly. My dad even played!!! We really enjoy rock band, boomblox, wii sports, MarioKart, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics or whatever it is called. Tons of fun games for everyone. We will feel comfortable letting E play when he is old enough.
                        Danielle
                        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
                          Slight tangent...is there a Rock Band-like game for kids? My 5.5 year old loves karaoke and I've been wondering if there is a Wii game with music that would be age appropriate.

Jenn, a Wii Fit might be a nice option as well. I'd like to get one for the kids for Christmas.
                          I have Boogie for Wii - love it...VERY kid appropriate, IMHO
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                            Wii, hands down. Great family entertainment or group fun. Very social, but can also do Wii Fit alone for a workout. We love ours.
                            Yes, this! We can do Wii Active alone or play Wii Sports together. Or you can get all of your party guests involved in Mario Kart or bowling.

My suggestion would be to buy now. The price has recently come down and they will be in high demand very soon as the holiday season is now upon us. Nintendo does not make enough of the units to keep up with demand, so buy when you see one.

Oh and if you get Mario Kart, get the Wii wheels. Makes it a lot of fun!
                            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I vote Wii. We got one a couple months back, and we love it.

Comment

Another vote for the wii and I agree you should get one ASAP since the price has gone down $50 and they may run low on inventory during the holiday season.

The girls really like Mario Kart, Mario Party 8, Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus.

You can also purchase "classic" games on the actual console for cheap and I've become addicted to Dr Mario lately.
                                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                                X