Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Need some suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 12:05 PM.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Although the pouch is cute, I'm not sure I'd know what to do with it. Same with the key chain, I generally do not carry anything with my initials visible, and I keep my key ring's weight down without anything extra.

I think a gift card + personalized note may be better option, but you know these folks better than me. Good luck!
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

You see - I would use the pen - don't think I would use the keyring or pouch. BUT - I am also the type that collects paper - yes paper - I love to write notes on nice paper, cards etc. Your DH's staff may not have a use for any of this....so, I am siding with the others - maybe a GC and a small arrangement for each of tehir work stations?? Like I said - anything will probably be more than what they expect.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

If it were me I'd rather have just one big gift card to a shopping area like Nellie recommended with the nice note - then they could either shop or eat for themselves. I think you're being very generous but I agree taking care of our husband's staff is just as important for their happiness as it is ours.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

How about taking them out to dinner? Send flowers to the clinic and write a note to each staff member, thanking them for supporting your husband all these years and inviting them to dinner. Or throw a small party at your place. Of all the gifts I've received from bosses, being taken out or invited to their home were by far the nicest gestures. Well, the Tiffany pearls I got once are right up there, but who wouldn't love those?

I'm with Crystal. I wouldn't know what to do with the pouch and I'd probably scratch my head if I looked it up online and saw you spent $100 on a gift I don't know what to do with.
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
                Help me out here....is this where they put chocolate on your toes? chocolate on somebody elses toes and you get to eat it?
                I still find this whole world of female pampering very mysterious.
                (the last thing that I would find relaxing or luxurious is somebody doing things to my nails with sharp objects)
                Sorry for the hijack.
                Haha, sorry - I don't know if they do them anywhere else. In any pedicure, your feet are soaked in something. Typically it's hot water. In this case, it was hot chocolate milk. I think a sugar scrub was also included. Meanwhile, Bliss feeds you no matter the treatment. For the chocolate pedicure, they served chocolate ice cream (in the winter, it's hot chocolate). Yummy!
                Here's the description:
                http://www.blissworld.com/product/sp...oc+pedicure.do

Anyway... I like the keychain the best of the Tiffany gifts and think that Tiffany trinkets can make good gifts (the boss whose wife was my favorite gave me a crystal bowl from Tiffany as a wedding gift, and I really like it)... but I think gift cards might be a better way to go. What are their ages/genders? If you'd rather not say, that's fine. Might just put things into perspective a little.
                Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I want to your work for you DH... that could get me into the US right?! lol
                  All of the ideas sound wonderful, and you are very generous for giving a gift. I would just be grateful for the recognition!

Comment

Where is MissMartini? She always has good suggestions and has really cute gifts...personalized too. http://www.themerrymartini.com/categ...ized-Gifts/c28

I think that the likeness factor of any gift you give comes down to the individual. I am not a spa kind of person - I am also one of those who can live without chocolate. I would be thankful for a GC but only if it were for a specific store/place that I loved because it is a thoughtful, individual gift. If it was a generic card (Visa, mall card), I'd still be grateful but it would lose that thoughfulness....for me. For others, the money - the ability to buy do whatever they want with it may mean a lot more. So, I am leaning towards spending 1-25% on a small thoughtful gift and the rest on a GC.
                    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

If you are planning to send flowers, you could also consider a fruit arrangement. Of course, I love to eat so...

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/default.aspx
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Ohhh that fruit bouquet looks spectacular! I am SO hungry right now!

Comment

Last edited by weeniegeniewife; 09-23-2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

That's so great that you send things regularly. It's no wonder they want to continue working for good people!
                              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                              X