Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thankgiving plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well...Thanksgiving is my birthday (34) and we are going to the Bahamas! Just visited the fam last weekend so we are getting away. Can't wait!
    Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

Well, that's one way to celebrate the holiday! Have fun.

J/

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
        I want to make Heidi's stuffing this week too.
        We've made that every year since we got married. (and we also leave out the gross liver, lol) It is *awesome*.

We're going to my brother's house, and that stuffing has been requested so I'm bringing that.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
          Christine,

The first holidays after a loss can be difficult, I hope this one is as enjoyable as possible for you.

Kelly
          Thanks! I am so looking forward to it. It will do my mom some good to be around her grandsons. They make her happiest these days.

Comment

DH will be on call. Kids and I will head to my mom's or brothers. My friend's family may come too (they can't make it home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas). DH is sad to miss my mom's cooking. Yes, it's that good. He'd rather go to her house than his parents'. We'll go to his parents' late Friday afternoon.
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I thought I had an invite to go with a friend from college and her fiance to a home with a group of couples for Thanksgiving but that fell through last night. I'm thrilled for my friend because her fiance won the lottery at his office and got Friday off too, so they are headed to his family for the holiday.

I have an offer from a friend of the family to join her, her husband and her son, but I don't know. It sounds like they really aren't celebrating and they live an hours drive away and with J being both post call and having to go into work the next morning... If I hadn't had the hopes of the first offer, I'd be thrilled with this offer, but now I'm just kinda depressed.... Hopefully the dueling piano bar will cheer me up tonight.
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                I'm thrilled for my friend because her fiance won the lottery at his office and got Friday off too, so they are headed to his family for the holiday.
                Whoa, so he won millions??? That's crazy! And awesome! I'm sorry your plans fell through, though. I hope you are able to do something fun anyway.

As for my plans, DH is off for the day, so we'll go have dinner with my parents in SE Oklahoma. He's on call on Friday, so he has to come back Thursday night. I think my Mom, sister, aunt, and I will be heading to Dallas for Black Friday.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                  Whoa, so he won millions??? That's crazy! And awesome! I'm sorry your plans fell through, though. I hope you are able to do something fun anyway.

As for my plans, DH is off for the day, so we'll go have dinner with my parents in SE Oklahoma. He's on call on Friday, so he has to come back Thursday night. I think my Mom, sister, aunt, and I will be heading to Dallas for Black Friday.
                  Haha. no, he won the "get out of work on friday lottery" at the office." Im sure he would have preferred millions though. Then he wouldn't have to work at all!

If you head to D for black Friday say hi for me. I miss my favorite Salad at Oliver's in Plano, the food at Ziziki's and my family. (no, food did not just come before my family)
                  -L.Jane

Comment

Haha. no, he won the "get out of work on friday lottery" at the office." Im sure he would have preferred millions though. Then he wouldn't have to work at all!

If you head to D for black Friday say hi for me. I miss my favorite Salad at Oliver's in Plano, the food at Ziziki's and my family. (no, food did not just come before my family)
                    Oh well... It would have been cool.

I've never been to Oliver's! I'll have to check it out. We have some friends in Plano that DH and I visit fairly often. What's the salad called? Yum!

My mom and aunt are deathly afraid to actually go into Dallas itself, so we just stay around McKinney and Frisco. They used to be okay with going to Plano, but even that is getting to be too much. It's pretty funny actually... Even when DH and I lived there, they were too afraid to drive to my apartment to stay the night, so they would still rent a hotel in Frisco. "Bless their hearts!"
                    Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
                      Oh well... It would have been cool.

I've never been to Oliver's! I'll have to check it out. We have some friends in Plano that DH and I visit fairly often. What's the salad called? Yum!

My mom and aunt are deathly afraid to actually go into Dallas itself, so we just stay around McKinney and Frisco. They used to be okay with going to Plano, but even that is getting to be too much. It's pretty funny actually... Even when DH and I lived there, they were too afraid to drive to my apartment to stay the night, so they would still rent a hotel in Frisco. "Bless their hearts!"
                      Afraid to go into Dallas? Plano?? That is SO funny.

Oliver's itself isn't fantastic, but they have this southwestern salad that I have them put the balsamic vinegar on it, and I LOVE IT. MMM salivating at the thought. Plus it was walking distance from my apartment, so it was an easy stop.
                      -L.Jane

Comment

Afraid to go into Dallas? Plano?? That is SO funny.

Oliver's itself isn't fantastic, but they have this southwestern salad that I have them put the balsamic vinegar on it, and I LOVE IT. MMM salivating at the thought. Plus it was walking distance from my apartment, so it was an easy stop.
                        I know, they're cute, right? *sigh*

I'll have to try it - that sounds really good!
                        Laurie

Comment

Working...
                        X