Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What does your DH do with his ring during surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually have no idea what he does with it. The one time he did loose it was outside of the hospital, so he's also on #2.

Comment

DH doesn't do surgery, but he isn't allowed to wear jewelry in the NICU so he leaves it at home.
      Needs

Comment

My father works in a mechanical setting, so it's dangerous for him to wear a ring anytime he's working. He's been wearing it on a heavy chain around his neck for the past 22 years
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

My husband wears his at work.

I don't wear my ring anymore. I hardly have my sh!t together right now; I'm lucky if I can find a matching pair of socks in the morning!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

DH clarified that he doesn't have to take his off like the surgeons do. Said most of the surgeons tie it to their scrubs. If he had to take it off multiple times a day, I'd probably prefer if he left it at home altogether.

Comment

My ex is a firefighter and they weren't allowed to wear their rings (and had to wear watches with expanding bracelets in case they get it caught on something) so he left it in his car ashtray. I have no idea what he does with the one that he wears from his new wife but I'd imagine some habits are hard to break.

My husband has no restrictions on what he can wear in terms of rings so he wears his all the time. When he goes into the NICU or PICU he wears gloves (over the ring)

Jenn

Comment

DrK puts his on his keyring if he has to remove it.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

DH keeps his on (don't think he's been in surgery in quite a while). If he had to take it off, it would go in his shirt pocket or pants pocket on his key chain. He loses things like bus passes and jump drives. But not his wedding band. He wouldn't be comfortable leaving it home. The only time he does that is when he goes out for a run or is working on the yard.
                  Veronica
                  Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
                    I know this isn't the best solution, but what about getting a 2nd wedding ring similar to THE wedding ring that he can wear at the hospital? That would be a bummer if he lost a regular wedding ring, but heartbreaking if he lost an heirloom!
                    That is what we did. His original wedding ring is Platinum and obviously you can't put a value on the emotional value of it.

While we were on vacation in Hawaii prior to residency we picked out a titanium ring for $40 for him to wear to the hospital. He doesn't have to stress about losing it, and I wouldn't be upset if he did. That being said...this ring get tied to his pants during surgery.

Comment

Working...
                    X