Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My husband is proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband is proof

That there is no correlation between being smart and having common sense.

So, dummy decided that he would take his motorcycle to Ft. Hood yesterday. At 5:00am. In the dark. Up I-35. (that's a three hour drive)

and conversely, that meant that he was heading south, tonight. Through Rush Hour in Austin. In the dark. Down I-35.

He should have been home two hours ago. If he's not squished by an 18 wheeler, I'm going to kill him.

Jenn

Uugh. I hate I35. I think it is the smallest (lane wise) interstate. I am sure he is just stuck in traffic - or going 2 miles per hour.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Ohhhhh I would be some kinda angry right now!
      Let us know when he gets home... grrrrr....

Comment

He must have sensed my rage in that way that men who have been married for a while can.

He just walked in the door.

Jenn

Comment

Thank goodness that HE is ok. Not cool that YOU were not ok worrying about him.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Glad he is okay and you can stop worrying and just be mad now!

Comment

Oh, Jenn. I didn't like it when Travis *drove* that route. I would have been livid and scared to death!
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Well, he admitted it was less than fun and he likely won't do it again.

I remember a few years back when that particular stretch was voted "most dangerous highway in America."

If only Amtrak would get adequately funded and we could have some real transportation options.

Jenn

Comment

Ugh! Glad he made it home safe and sound, and I'm really glad it was such a bad experience for him that he (hopefully) won't want to do it again. I hate hate hate motorcycles!!!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm sure he learned his lesson. DH wants a motorcycle, but luckily it will be several years before we will have any real money for one. And hopefully by then he would have gained some common sense.

Comment

I'm so glad he is home safe Jenn.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I just can't imagine any doctor wanting to have one... Didn't they spend enough time in their Trauma Surgery rotation??? That's when DH decided it didn't sound like as much fun. So many people with such disgusting injuries! (My word, not his. I don't think he actually thinks of anything medical as disgusting anymore.)
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Wow... I'm glad he didn't enjoy the ride!!!
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                            Wow... I'm glad he didn't enjoy the ride!!!
                            Me too! I'm glad he got home safely.
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

He's a flippin' neurologist who had to do 9 months of adult neurology in his fellowship. He knows all about head injuries.

I hate the damned thing, too but since he added four years to the Army commitment to get the cash to buy it, there's not much I can do. He knows I hate it. It's one of those disappointments that inevitably happen when you're together forever.

J.

Comment

Working...
                              X