Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Livid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe that's a message they need to hear.

Jenn

Comment

That really really sucks. I'm so sorry.
      I would report their program to the ACGME.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenclaw View Post
        That really really sucks. I'm so sorry.
        I would report their program to the ACGME.
        I would begin with the GME director.
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
          Wow.

"Livid" is a really nice term

I would have used " psycho-bitchy, raving, seething, pissed-off irate."

SUCKS!!
          This would pretty much sum it up for me. I am really sorry. I feel resentful for you. Has your husband talked to past fellows to find out how they managed to find coverage for their vacations? Is there any recourse to just bite the bullet and take their criticisms of spotty coverage and take the vacation anyway? I hope something falls into place. Keep us posted.
          Needs

Comment

so sorry. That is horrible.

I agree that you should still go, although I see that there are logistical hurdles there too. Is it possible for your husband to "check in" with you (so you can use the military ID) and then leave again? Sorry, you may have mentioned how far away it is, but I missed it.

And maybe someone could come along instead of your husband? Another wife with a military ID?

My suggestions may be totally unrealistic but I do hope there is some way you can still go, or at least come up with alternative vacation that works logistically for you. So sorry.
            Attorney, mom, married to a vascular surgery fellow!

Comment

Really sucky! I would be really angry too. You don't get vacation that you can't take. What a crock of shit! Seriously. Hang in there. Maybe go to hr and see what they can do? If youre given the time then you should be able to take it. It's up to the hospital to deal with the coverage.
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I have absolutely no words of advice. Just want to second the sentiment - what a crock of shit! Only in medicine could an employer even dream of getting away with crap like this.
                Attorney, wife to EM attending, mom to two girls (ages 5 and 2)

Comment

Originally posted by JC76 View Post
                  I have absolutely no words of advice. Just want to second the sentiment - what a crock of shit! Only in medicine could an employer even dream of getting away with crap like this.
                  Amen!!

So sorry about your trip. I would seriously have to control myself from shaking each one of those idiots senseless.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                  X