Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Five Interesting Tidbits about me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Interesting Tidbits about me

We did this at the central mn mom's website and it was really interesting. Everyone adds 5 things about themselves!

1. I can't stand wearing socks to bed. They drive me nuts.

2. I have to sleep with a heating blanket. That probably comes as no surprise since we live in Central MN. I also like to have a heating blanket on in the summer though...with the fan running overhead! LOL

3. My favorite meal to eat when Thomas and I go out is Moroccan Pizza. I'm a real pizza fan!

4. I am not a morning person. During my senior year of high school, we had a foreign exchange student. At the end of the year, she told me that once she realized that she just couldn't talk to me until lunch period, she was able to get along with me. (Also, my first car was a Ford Pinto that caught on fire one morning on the way to school when she was sitting in the passenger seat! Good Times! LOL)

5. I opened a frog hospital when I was in elementary school. LOL

This is not as easy as you might think. You're next!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

1. I have a thing for collections. When I was a kid I even collected pen pals. Over a span of six year I had somewhere around 20 pen pals. I still have a filing cabinet with a majority of their letters.

2. My drug of choice is TV. I am 100 percent addicted and have at least one or two shows for every night of the week except Sunday, but then I have extra on other days, so it makes up for that.

3. I have to listen to a book on tape to fall asleep. If I don't, I start thinking too much, and just stress myself out. I started with the Harry Potter books and have listened to them all at least three times. I have listened to the 5th book probably twenty times since it was the first one I got.

4. I don't eat chocolate. When I was a kid my friend gave all caffeine up for lent and bet me I couldn't go as long as she could. I won that bet. Its been 14 years. It turns out caffeine gives me migraines (odd when it cures most people of it) and now I just don't touch anything including chocolate that has caffeine it it. It still love white chocolate (technically not really chocolate)

5. I wouldn't wear earrings in high school because I thought it made my face look fat.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I love this Kris!
      Hmmm... five random facts...

1. I used to swim competitively. The furthest I went was the Canadian Olympic Trials in 1996. Oh how I miss those days (and that body!)

2. My bedroom has to be FREEZING cold in order for me to sleep. S hates this with a passion!

3. I hope that one day I can have more children with the help of a surrogate (after having an emergency hysterectomy a year ago)

4. I just bought an iPhone today and really should not have. I haven't had my blackberry for very long... I ordered the iphone and it should be here in 3 or so days. Tell me this was a good purchase! (S is also going to kill me for this!)

5. I am picking up our new puppy Wilson on Wednesday. I am so so so so so excited for this little addition to our family!

And you're right Kris - super not as easy as I thought!

Comment

1. I can't sing but I can read music fluently. It is really frustrating.

2. I can tie cherry stems with my tongue.

3. I have a 1/2-inch long, tan birth mark next to my belly button.

4. I can't stand Jane Austen novels.

5. I LOVE gourmet snow cones...the kind that cost about $4 a piece and are made with shaved ice and have cream on top.

Comment

1. I have a lot of freckles across my nose and cheeks. Pretty unusual for a person of color.

2. I went to graduate school with my mom.

3. I'm missing a bone in one of my pointer fingers so that it actually curves out at the tip. Completely weird and freaky.

4. I hate getting up early and am really scared when my kids will have to be at school at 8:00 am.

5. I have a major weakness for luxury items like Louis Vuitton purses, North Face coats, Ugg boots. I save up my money to buy these things.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
            1. I can't sing but I can read music fluently. .
            Me too! I thought I was "the only one" AND I spent 6 yrs in choir!!!

Let's see...I'll count that as 1.

2. One of my biggest pet peeves is to go to a bagel shop and have then put cream cheese in "the hole". I mean - c'on - how hard is it to smear it around so that it does not ooze out when I bite the bagel? DH makes fun of me because I am pretty even tempered but such can get me riled up in seconds....especially when I request that they not do so.

3. My favorite cookie (or candy - I guess) are meringues. I can eat a whole tub of the little ones.

4. I make myself a cup of coffee each morning but NEVER drink the whole cup. When I broke my ankle, DH would make my coffee and he says that he did a little experiment...each day he would make less and less AND each day I would leave about the same amount in the cup.

5. I looooooove Tangy Taffy. There is not a road trip where I am not digging for it down the candy isles of truck stops.
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
              4. I make myself a cup of coffee each morning but NEVER drink the whole cup. When I broke my ankle, DH would make my coffee and he says that he did a little experiment...each day he would make less and less AND each day I would leave about the same amount in the cup.
              I love this one!

Let's see...

1. I have two sisters, I am the middle child and fit the stereotype of that pretty well - fortunately or unfortunately.

2. I LOVE to play, coach and watch sports. I specifically love to play softball and hope someday to get back into it. I considered becoming an umpire this last summer but when I found out I was pregnant I didn't.

3. I grew up on a farm, friends that have known me for years find that very hard to believe which always cracks me up.

4. I have to cook from a recipe, without one I am TOTALLY lost in the kitchen.

5. I LOVE to eat - DH and I consider ourselves to be foodies and one of the top criteria for our real job location will be good restaurants.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post

1. I have two sisters, I am the middle child and fit the stereotype of that pretty well - fortunately or unfortunately.
                Me too!!
                -L.Jane

Comment

1. I am a super emotional person. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

2. I am really silly. If you got to know me pretty well, you'd find me making up lyrics to songs and singing them on the fly.

3. I used to be a nationally awarded ballroom dancer (junior level).

4. I got a better scholarship to college than my National Merit winning, MD husband. This girl used to be wicked smart too. Then, I had kids.

5. I am a slob. I am mortified by it, but my house is usually a giant mess, and sadly, my kids aren't the only ones to blame. I am a super messy cook, and I leave cabinets and drawers open, and the lids off of everything.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Interesting tidbits?

1. I don't like mewling kittens. It's probably a job requirement somewhere for female veterinarians, but I dread kitten season because their little meows drive me crazy.

2. I want Russ to get an armband tattoo. I think tattoos are sexy. I don't even know if he really wants one.

3. I love to shop. I love to spend all day at the mall. From breakfast to dinner. And I rarely buy anything.

4. Along L.Jane's earring thing, I CANNOT leave the house without earrings on. I will turn around and drive home if I forget to put them on in the morning. I think I'm hideous without them or something.

5. I have my lip pierced. Most of you know that about me, but people who meet me without it are usually very surprised to see me with it in.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

1) I'm an emotional person. I take everything to heart. And will often feel guilty about something even if it wasn't my "fault"

2) I'm very loyal. If I love you/like you...you're in for life, baby.

3) I love my ex-step mom and respect her more than my father.

4) I'm an awesome swimmer...but my body insecurities keep me from it

5) I'm a really fast reader...can plow through a book in no time...but math terrifies(!!!!!) me. (I can't read a map because it involves numbers....)
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post

2. My drug of choice is TV. I am 100 percent addicted and have at least one or two shows for every night of the week except Sunday, but then I have extra on other days, so it makes up for that.
                        Sunday night show recs: Big Love (HBO), Entourage (HBO), Mad Men (AMC), and, a little trashier but I love it... Army Wives (Lifetime). They all have funky seasons. Big Love is about to end, and then Army Wives will come in early summer. Mad Men starts mid-summer, and Entourage is late summer, I think.

Anyway, here's my list...

1. I sneeze when I'm hungry. This was the worst when I worked for the bank. At the law firm, my day starts at 9:30 and they have free bagels and fruit. The bank started at 8:30 and had none of that. I feel I can't take lunch until noon (most NYers go at 1), so around 11 at the bank every day, I'd start to feel so hungry I was nauseous, would sneeze and then feel a little better. Is it any wonder I returned to the law firm?

2. I didn't drink until I was 21. My dad was a prosecutor, and I think I was afraid of some Bush-twin like scandal if I drank and something happened. This didn't stop me from having a fake id, however, for all of 6 months, so I could go to bars with my douchtastic boyfriend (who was actually a year younger than me).

3. I ran for president of my sorority chapter and lost by a single vote. It took them nearly 2 hours to discuss and vote. It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. Actually, one of the silly mudslinging points against me was that I had cried at chapter once (which, out of context sounds ridiculous, but in context, I feel was justified)... so I like to tease one of the girls who voted against me but is now one of my closest friends about how she cried at my wedding.

4. When I was 17, I broke my foot (fifth metatarsal) just by stepping on it wrong (this was before I discovered good shoes and was wearing clunky sandals). Because I had cried wolf so many times as a child, my parents didn't believe that it was broken, so we just iced it. I then went to church camp and did almost everything... including the first night's hike where we get "lost" on the way to dinner, the high ropes course, and the dance on Thursday night where I'm never a wallflower. (I ended up crawling into the twin sized bed with my friend Thurs night b/c she had the bottom bunk.) When I got back, we realized it was, indeed, broken. And I had 3 weeks to learn the dances for The King & I, where I had been cast as the dance captain. I learned by marking and got rid of the crutches after two weeks, dancing full out for tech and performance. The director wanted to take the part away from me, but luckily the choreographer was confident I could do it. (It was an annual musical as part of summer school, and once you're in, you're in through high school... I had already had the lead my freshman year, so dance captain was as featured as I was going to get for my last one).

5. I get choked up every time I have to leave my parents at the Indianapolis Airport to come back to New York... but I also get choked up at the thought of moving away from NYC. As you can imagine, I found Garden State incredibly profound when I was a junior in college.
                        5.a. I think Zach Braff has incredible taste in music and owned the Last Kiss soundtrack for almost a year before seeing the movie.
                        Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
                          Sunday night show recs: Big Love (HBO), Entourage (HBO), Mad Men (AMC), and, a little trashier but I love it... Army Wives (Lifetime). They all have funky seasons. Big Love is about to end, and then Army Wives will come in early summer. Mad Men starts mid-summer, and Entourage is late summer, I think.

I watch army wives I guess since its not on at the moment, I forgot... But I usually watch it online and not the tv so I can watch it any day ... I didn't mention that I have shows I watch only online and fill those in on the weekends too. Like I said, ADDICTED. I don't have HBO. Having more channels then the basic cable pkg would probably be very dangerous.

I love this Thread! It is so much fun to read things about everyone and what random things we have in common!
                          -L.Jane

Comment

This is my new favorite thread. I love this!!!! You guys are so interesting!
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

1. I can't remember numbers. I never learned my work phone number at the last two places I worked, even though one of them was my login ID. This also means I can't do math in my head. Once I write them down, I can do some pretty complex algebra and formulas with them, even if I don't write down the "process". (Drove my math teachers crazy!)
                              2. I married the third guy I dated. The first two were long-distance "relationships" (in high school). I couldn't be happier!
                              3. People think they know me a lot better than they do. It was very strange to hear about this when my baby shower hostesses apparently had a pretty bitter argument about something I would prefer. One of them has known me for 12 years, one has known me for 4 years, and one has known me for about 1.5 years. They were all wrong.
                              4. I grew up with a lot of animals. My mom really never said "no" to anything my sister and I wanted, as long as we agreed to take care of them. At various times, we had dogs, cats, horses, cows, a donkey, a goat, a sheep, a pig, a hedgehog, mice, hampsters, fish, birds, and rabbits. (Some we only kept for bottle feeding, then returned them to their owners.)
                              5. DH and I buy a magnet on all of our vacations. Our refrigerator will never look like the nice ones you see in magazines, all clean and clear. I'm happy about that.
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X