Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Five Interesting Tidbits about me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a fun thread!! It's been so interesting to read everyone's 5 things!! As for my 5 . . .

1. I'm a complete bookworm!! If you get me on the topic of books, I can literally talk for hours!!
    2. I was Montana born and bred! And, though I was always a small town girl, I prefer to be in the city!
    3. I someday hope to be a university professor.
    4. I love, love, love to bake, but can't stand to cook. Thank heavens my hubby does!!
    5. My children's names rhyme and we had no intention of doing this!! In fact, I didn't even realize it until a couple of days after my daughter was born and the birth certificate filled out!

Comment

So fun!

1. I don't drink alcohol, never did and never saw the point. Growing up my mom used to say she had to choose between alcohol or her family and she chose us, she knew she would be an alcoholic if she ever got started (I have always respected her for that).
      2. We use NFP and yes, all 5 of our children are planned
      3. I love dressing up. A pretty dress and heals is a fav.
      4. I was voted 2nd best dressed in my college newspaper behind the college president (what the hell happened to that girl anyway...oh yes, see #2 )
      5. I never dated anyone longer than 3 months (I never saw the point in wasting time with a guy just to have a boyfriend) until I met dh (who was actually in my high school class but we never talked until college physics).
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

2. We use NFP and yes, all 5 of our children are planned
        I love hearing this--we plan to use it as well. No one believes my parents either when they say all five of us were planned
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

On the P-Sat section where it asked what field I wanted to go into I put "OTHER" and wrote in "I want to coach the LA Lakers." I was dead serious at the time.

I love brussels sprouts.

I was a pretty decent figure skater as a child and then at age 9 they required me to wear "the dress" outfit WITH sparkles and I quit.

Our oldest child was the only baby we had where we were actually "trying."

I LOVE to read. I can't imagine being cut off from books.
          Last edited by Flynn; 03-07-2010, 06:57 AM. Reason: spelling issues
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I have pulled up this thread to reply about twenty times, and then closed it. This is really hard!

1. I started whistling when I was 5 MONTHS old (before I was crawling). My parents called me the "whistling midget" growing up. I never thought this was all that cool until I had my own kids. My four year old has now been trying to learn to whistle for about two years. I whistle or sing throughout most of the day.

2. I was in a nationally award-winning show choir in high school. Maybe this explains my love for "Glee."

3. Until I met DH, I would only go on dates 1 night per week, even if I had a steady boyfriend. The other days were reserved for my girlfriends, myself, school, and work. I really hope that I can teach my daughters to do the same.

4. I'm really cheap, but I like nice things. If we ever won the lottery (or DH invented a medical device, etc where we really made huge money), I would probably start buying things like Coach purses, but I would still get them from the outlet store. It's amazing what you can find at garage sales, Goodwill, and TJMaxx.

5. I can't stand to be at home for more than a day at a time. I get really stir crazy. DH is a total home-body. By mid-afternoon if we haven't been out all day, I start to make up errands I need to get done so that we can get out of the house.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Bittersweet View Post
              1. I have an irrational fear of losing my teeth and have a reoccurring stress dream that they simply drop out of my mouth. .
              I used to have the same dreams....then my dentist got me a mouthguard. I noticed that they come back after a while when I stop wearing it. I hate those dreams but I also hate the mouthguard.
              Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

1. I can't sleep without hugging this old round pillow that I call my "BooBa"

2. I have an unnatural obsession with handbags. Just yesterday bought 2 new coach bags. Did I need them? No, but they are so pretty.

3. I constantly have dreams of being constipated. I'm told its a sign of not letting go of something.

4. I just realized how boring I am as I can't come up with5 tidbits about myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                  2. I was in a nationally award-winning show choir in high school. Maybe this explains my love for "Glee."
                  Me too....It's a long shot, but...Harmony?
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

1) I've lived half of my married life (2.5 yrs) with a roommate (besides DH)

2) I "discovered" my love for music in college, and am obsessed with having music in my life at all times.

3) I am a morning person - embracing this has made me the happiest I have ever been! I will even wake up at 3:30 or 4 am to go work out before work!

4) I once competed in the Miss Illinois USA pageant...didn't place, but had a very good experience.

5) I laugh when people go on and on about how much my dad and I look alike - because I'm adopted
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                      Me too....It's a long shot, but...Harmony?
                      Nope - Buffalo Grove High School, "The Expressions"
                      Our director retired almost three years ago and is now doing choreography all over the place, including a couple of the "Glee" numbers. I'm amazed at how many people I bump into who were in show choir in high school.
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

1. I have mild ADHD. Although, if you know me well in real life it is probably painfully obvious.

2. I have an irrational fear (bordering on phobia) about walking over a frozen body of water. I get a panicky and I hatehatehate the creaking sound ice makes as it shifts. Once when E and I were living in Madison, we were headed to a friend's for a Superbowl party. We didn't have a car and the fastest way to the friend's on foot was to cut across one of the lakes. I was so freaked out. Ugh. It still gives me the heebee jeebees just thinking about it.

3. I used to be fluent in Portuguese. I have a BA in it and was a TA for a year. The loss of fluency breaks my heart a little.

4. When traveling to Latin America, I feel more at home than I do here in the US. It feels like slipping into my skin. The warmth of the sun on my skin, the culture, the languages. All of it. While I am born and raised in Wisconsin and this culture is the most engrained, that life feels more "right" than this one does.

5. I hate beer. Weird for someone from Wisconsin.
                        Kris

Comment

Oh, this is so difficult!

1. I was 28 when I first pierced my ears. My mother designs jewelry and wanted to have them pierced when I was a baby but my father thinks that piercing is barbaric/mutilation. By the time I was old enough to decide for myself, I was afraid to do it.

2. I was intimidated by big/tall men before I met DrK. He more than twice my weight, a foot taller than I am, and played professional rugby for 6 years.

3. I've always wanted to become a rabbi but I'm horrible at languages and do not think I'd be able to learn Hebrew.

4. I think that elderly husbands and wives who have been married forever and that dance together at weddings are the most romantic thing ever. I keep asking DrK to take dancing lessons with me so we can be one of those couples. I also think that loosing a spouse in old age is one of the crulest injustices of life.

5. I have very vivid and sometimes prophetic dreams and I always remember them.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

1). My earlobes do not have the same shape (one is attached, the other free).

2). Even though I'm of Japanese ancestry, I do not like raw fish.

3). I considered becoming a ballerina, but decided against it during high school, and quit ballet school. I still have some of my blood-stained pointe shoes!

4). I was sure throughout my pregnancy that we were having a girl!

5). I am terrified of blood draws!
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Hummmm....this is kind of hard! Here's my go:

1. I have a floppy left ear. I was born with it. Lack of catilidge or something so the top flops over. My parents tried to get me to have it corrected when I was a kid but I didn't want it. Now I have it piericed

2. I don't drink alcohol. It makes me sweat, makes my stomach hurt and I don't like the taste of it either.

3. I still sleep with a blankie.

4. From 1993 - 1997 I was a raver.

5. When I was 16 I spent a summer in a small town in Mississippi teaching kids summer school with a bunch of nuns.
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

what exactly IS a raver???
                                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                                X