Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interesting article about couples sleeping apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandparents slept apart with their beds side by side. My ILs have the side by side beds in their room but I think that MIL sleeps in the guestroom most of the time. When we were engaged and I visited DrK's home town for the first time, I slept in the guest room and she kept suggesting that I move into his room. I got the impression that she wanted her room back. Then after we were married, she was insisting that we establish seperate bedrooms in our own home. Whatever. DrK and I share a bed. I cannot tell you how many arguments our first year of marriage were resolved because we did not have a guest room and neither of us were willing to sleep on the sofa. He snores so loudly that the floor shakes and he sprawls all over the bed. I call him the "passive aggressive cover hog" because he'll take all the sheets and toss them on the floor leaving me shivering and clinging to the edge of the bed. Then our 6lb dog snores and finds her own ways to crowd me too. Then on some occassions BabyK finds his way into the bed and he'll nuzzle and kick me and refuse to sleep by daddy preferring to have constant physical contact with me. . . I'm not getting much sleep but I wouldn't kick any of them out of my bed for anything.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm not getting much sleep but I wouldn't kick any of them out of my bed for anything.
      This is how I feel too. Besides kicking DH out won't improve my situation since cuddling with him improves my sleep tremendously. The girls also sneak into our bed in the morning and it makes for a very crowded situation in a queen size bed. I know my time is limited when they'll continue to do this so I let it slide for now.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

i am 8 months pregnant and would have never thought to sleep apart from hubby, however I must admit in the past 2 months I have run him off to the couch. I run him off cause he gets really irritated if he wakes and finds me on the couch. He has started rotations and I am trying very hard to not leave or run him off. The reason : He snores loud enough to wake the neighbors .. but not our daughter. She has heard it her whole life, so it's no biggy to her.. LOL

I love sleeping next to him though I admit, and feel like such a heel when I run him off. However, sometimes I need the sleep so I can deal with a 20 month all day on top of being 8 months pregnant.
        Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat

As it is, we sleep together most nights when we are home together. It's more for him than for me - he prefers to sleep with me, but I sleep just fine alone.
          This.

During residency, I really got used to sleeping alone a lot, and I like it. He really wants to sleep with me for some reason though, and so I do it for his benefit alone. I can't understand it, really. I'm a cover hog and I wake up really early. He's been snoring a lot more lately, which suuuuuucks. He's also really HOT. Get. Off. Me.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I like sharing the bed with him but would LOOOVE my own bathroom. Now that we have a king, I miss our old queen because I could always reach him. It's weird having all that space in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69 View Post
              I like sharing the bed with him but would LOOOVE my own bathroom. Now that we have a king, I miss our old queen because I could always reach him. It's weird having all that space in the middle.
              Julie - just wait until your DD can start crawling in with you. All that space won't be nearly enough. I've never understood how a little person can take up so much room!
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                I have to say, the best part about this year is that I 'only' have to share my bed with the dog and two cats. But they don't wake me up at the ass crack of dawn, either. In fact I have to wake the geezer dog to force him to go outside. I think he'd prefer to stay in and watch the Price is Right like my grandfather did in his old age.

But, then again, it's nice to have him there. In a dream world, the Army wouldn't start it's day at a 7:30 am morning report (even for attendings) and we would all sleep in.

Oh well- I have a year's reprieve from the alarm clock. (at least the 5:30am alarm clock- the 7:30 am alarm clock rings for me)

Jenn
                OMG Jenn you are TOO funny!!!!!!

During training it was nice to HAVE DH home. Now it's a treat for me to spend the night at my parents house and have the bed to myself! Love IT!
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                  Julie - just wait until your DD can start crawling in with you. All that space won't be nearly enough. I've never understood how a little person can take up so much room!
                  Yea, amen to this. Somehow when our 3.5-month-old ends up in bed with us...she sleeps spread eagle until DH and I are pushed onto opposite edges of our queen-sized bed!!
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I know I am late in responding, oh well. DH and I sleep in separate beds for most of the time when I am pregnant because I sleep so horribly and it makes it worse when I am sharing the bed with him. But we do miss sharing a bed and have pillow talk and cuddle time every night so we can still enjoy that part of it. Every once in a while I miss sharing with him enough that I will try to sleep in bed with him but by the middle of the night I always end up going back to "my" bed.

It will be nice when this pregnancy is over and we can share again. And it will just be nice when this pregnancy is over

Comment

I don't like sleeping with out him, but if someone could invent an alarm clock so when I have to get up earlier than he does it will only wake me up or when he has to get up earlier it only wakes him up I would be very happy!

Comment

I can certainly appreciate having a king size bed when pregnant. Neither of us is what you would call "petite" and when pregnant, I am a loud, cover hogging, pillow piling, peeing every hour hot mess. I probably wouldn't want to sleep in the same bed with me. The best sleep we have gotten recently was on vacation because we had a king size bed. Granted, I forgot he was even in bed with me because they are just so much bigger than the queen we have. But alas we are back home to our queen and he has at least 2-3 more weeks to put up with before he and I really get no sleep
                        Danielle
                        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Working...
                        X