Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Team Jacob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Jacob?

Team Edward, Team Jacob? orrr Team anybody who is human and doesn't want to eat you up please Bella?

So, I'm starting the Twilight series because I am the last person I know who hasn't read the books and I have only heard good things about them. And I'm sitting here thinking that Edward is seriously controlling and borderline abusive. Seriously Bella, what about that Mike guy? he seemed really nice, and he doesn't want to rip you to smithereens. I must be getting old and less fun.
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

although, I guess then it would be much more like The Babysitters Club books. I guess I'm just concerned about these books romanticizing controlling relationships.

I really am getting old.

Comment

either way I'm Team Jacob. omg I'm having a conversation about Twilight... with myself ...online...

Comment

I guess I'm just concerned about these books romanticizing controlling relationships.
        Yup...the girl literally obsesses over an UNDEAD guy, and is willing to give up her family, friends, and even life for him. Yeah....
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoe View Post
          . . . because I am the last person I know who hasn't read the books . . .
          No, you're not. But I just have no desire to read them. I've never "gotten" the whole vampire fascination. Someone who drinks human blood. How is that sexy or interesting? It just sound nauseating. I couldn't even watch people eat black pudding (blood sausages served as part of a traditional Irish breakfast) when I was in Ireland. Yeah, sorry--I don't eat clots, even for breakfast. Thanks, though.

Comment

Ahhh. The story about a girls choice between necrophilia and beastiality. . (I saw that on Facebook.)
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Yeah, but Mike's a dork! J/K! Team Edward here.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Count me as another one who has ZERO interest in this series and refuse to read it no matter how many of my friends tell me I simply must. I read all the Ann Rice novels back in the day, but just can't muster any compulsion to delve in all the teen angst stuff. I get enough of that from the teen monster living in my home, thankyouverymuch.

Comment

I have no interest in them either. I have enough of my own agnst to need to live vicarously through someone elses.
                  Kris

Comment

I haven't read them either. I didn't really hear about the books until the movies were out, so if I read the books, I would constantly be picturing the people who portrayed the characters in the movie. I cannot stand Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattison looks awful, too sparkly. So, I won't be reading the books ever.
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Team Edward over here!

Comment

I just read these books a few weeks ago because I kept hearing about them. I'm definitely Team Edward. Jacob really got on my nerves in the third book.

Comment

http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

Really--see the movies, you cant go wrong! If you love Twilight, you'll enjoy the movies...and otherwise, it is seriously the best entertainment I've seen in a long time...I highly recommend drinking first to make it even better (Hey, wasn't me, it was the group of frat boys behind us)

I really cant wait to see how they pull off the last movie.
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Personally I am Team Lestat over here. I'm an old schooler.

Comment

ITA, Trisha.

Comment

Working...
                              X