Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ouch

So, what happens when you have a 35 year old who hasn't been to the gym in too long to admit get a little ultra competetive with her children at a volleyball practice?

Ouch.

I twisted my non-existant ab muscles all up. Right now the side of my body feels kinda funny... My volleyball muscles are way out of shape!!!

But I'm proud because I can still spike the ball (in birks, ok the net is set to 4th grade level, but still!) And I could still hit an overhead serve... BUT,

I'll be paying for it tomorrow.

Stupid of me...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Yikes!! Maybe the anticipation will be worse than the pain....at least I hope so.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

LOL One of the many reasons I adore you!

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I think you need a hot bubble bath and a glass of wine.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oh no! But good for you for rocking the volleyball
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
            I think you need a hot bubble bath and a glass of wine.
            I agree

Comment

Not so bad today! Yay! It was fun, and they have a spare vball court there while Izzy practices so I think I'll take on Steven, Luke, and Josie next time... LOL. Josie thinks she's playing too. It's too cute.
              Peggy

Comment

Awesome! Have you thought about playing in an adult league?

Comment

Yes, but... Now I know that in order to avoid any real aches and pains, I need to get myself in shape first!
                  Peggy

Comment

Sounds like it was fun getting back on the court. Inspires me to try to get back "on the wagon."

Comment

So 2 days after, yea I'm a little sore lol. I'm really out of shape. Too funny...

And yesterday we were at Kate's soccer game and the field next to it was open, so I was kicking goals at steven and Luke, and... I re-hurt my toenail. The same one I split open tripping over a hot wheel car and has never healed (it's been 5 years!)...

Maybe I should swear off sports! LOL... I don't know where I put my coordination...
                      Peggy

Comment

Peggy, I nearly failed volleyball in college. Yes, he (one of the football coaches, of course) thought I was faking how bad I was. (I also almost failed canoeing in college because I had a fever and the prof thought I was faking that, too.) (and this is why the Liberal Arts education is so darned valuable- I know for a fact that I should never be on the work volleyball teams for the company picnic- I'm sure my dad is thrilled that he paid a lot of money for me to know that little factoid. Which is still better than my three credit wine-tasting class that he's still bitter about!)

Jenn

Comment

Too funny Jenn!!!

But a wine class sounds really like a good use of college credits. THAT is some useful information right there...
                          Peggy

Comment

Working...
                          X