Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
    I have a butterfly and an octopus. (Butterfly was not my idea--apparently you only get two Halloweens before the kid starts picking their own costume.)

On the 23rd we're signed up for a park district "Old Fashioned Trick or Treat":

I assume that on the 31st we'll trick-or-treat in the fancy neighborhood adjacent to our apartment complex. The houses are kind of far apart, so I think Cora won't last long but she will enjoy it.
    That sounds really fun! Enjoy, I know the girls will.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
      I wish I'd gotten an earlier start on this--I always wanted to do John Lennon and yoko Ono with dh.

Halloween crept up on us this year with all the stuff going on with our move and guests...

Darn!

Have fun everyone!
      You MUCH do this!!!!! You have a week, pleanty of time! I would love to see the !! Great idea Alison!
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I'm probably going trick or treating for the first time with DS this year. I say probably because I have to take DH to the airport that day around the time that we would want to be heading out, and it depends if I still have the energy afterwards?? And we will have to crash a friends neighborhood as ours is not trick or treat friendly. I feel like he is old enough this year because he gets the costume idea, can actually say "trick or treat", but is not old enough to know if I take most of the candy away!!! Such a mean mama
        We have a few Halloween parties over the next week too, so he'll still get to wear his costume even if I bail on the trick or treating.
        He wants to be a doctor. Super easy. I ordered him some scrubs. He likes talking to his baby sister through his toy "doctorscope"

Comment

I'm going to visit our friends in Dallas for her 30th birthday party. DH has to work that weekend, so he can't come, but he'll be going to a resident Halloween party. DS is going to be a dragon.

MrsK, BabyK is such a cute lion!!! And that's too funny - DH wants to dress as Batman for his party!

(sorry, I don't know how to make the picture smaller)
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post

(sorry, I don't know how to make the picture smaller)
            Hey, at least YOU CAN POST a picture....I still can't. Love the big pic BTW, cuuuute dragon.
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

OMG, that is one seriously cute baby. My baby hunger is growing.
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                Hey, at least YOU CAN POST a picture....I still can't. Love the big pic BTW, cuuuute dragon.
                Thanks! I haven't figured out attaching the picture, so I just use the "Direct Link" from photobucket.
                Laurie

Comment

This year C is yet another SW character, another clone trooper. S has a tinkerbell dress that she got as a hand-me-down from my sister, so we may just use that. No need to spend money on a costume she won't wear much.

Last year my sister and I took the kids trick or treating and donned old bathrobes, gaudy blue eyeshadow with rollers in our hair. It was quite a look!
                  Kris

Comment

I love your sister's costume! I may steal her idea instead of using my stand-by. My bedbug outfit (fuzzy jammies, wings, and deely-bobbers) may not go over well this year.

Comment

it was great - the people handing out the candy loved it. We should have added fuzzy slippers and coffee cups, but we were chasing at least 5 kids and were lucky to get out the door at all!
                      Kris

Comment

Since Lex has been dubbed "pumpkin-dog" (Cleo's new nickname is "Dirt Cup"), I got this at Target!

IMG_0029 by 2SkinnyDogs, on Flickr
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

That is one cute pumpkin!
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

LadyM, love his costume! He's getting so big!

We took our little lion trick-or-treating with some friends at the zoo last night. We all met at our friends' house for dinner and then dressed the kids in their costumes. There were about 10 kids and BabyK was the youngest. Just before we left the house, we sat the kids on the front step for a photo. My little lion fell off the step and scraped up his nose! ( Poor kid looks awful. Guess it's a good thing I got his picture taken in the costume last week.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

. . . and today he was pulling up and, not quite having the hang of the dismount, he fell and bonked his head. He's got a bruise from the middle of his right eyebrow all the way past his right temple and into the hairline. I think I'm going to get him some gloves and trunks and send him out next weekend as the Lightweight Boxing Champeon of the World . . . or is that the Lightweight Boxing Looser of the World?
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Aww, poor little guy! I know it's just part of learning, and he'll be just fine. Too cute about the boxer costume idea!
                                Laurie

Comment

Working...
                                X