Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Only in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, DH was always too cheap to buy me one in high school Not that I really asked, anyway.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

OMG! I loved seeing the mums again. I grew up in San Angelo. That's west Texas where there's not too much but oil and high school football. My senior year I wore 3 huge orange and royal blue creations with tons of bells. Go Bobcats!

Comment

I just now I time to watch the video. I've seen the supplies at the craft stores and didn't know what it was all for...now I do. Wow! We had no such tradition in Florida. It seems a bit like pageantry.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I dont get it. What are they for?

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
            I dont get it. What are they for?
            I could be wrong, but I always correlated them to the Texas version of corsages for homecoming. You know, Everything is bigger in Texas
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I could be wrong, but I always correlated them to the Texas version of corsages for homecoming.
              Yup--the guys (well, the one's brave enough to) wear mini versions called garters on their arms. Hehe, it's sort of like the girl with the most chocolate/ribbons/teddy bears/flashing lights/bells wins. Or has the weakest boyfriend
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

The odd thing is that it seems to only be a HS or jr high thing because I have never seen that at any college....in TX.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Wow. I've never seen these things before in Florida. I also thought "mums" would be the flower before watching the video...Boys give them to their girlfriends? Do moms also make them for their daughters or were those women just making them for boys to give away?

Comment

Boys give them to their girlfriends? Do moms also make them for their daughters or were those women just making them for boys to give away?
                    Yes, no, yes

Comment

I'm thinking about making one for my friend to wear at the baby shower her SIL and I are throwing for her on Saturday. I have one from when Ella was born, but it went on the hospital door because it was so massive.
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                        Yup--the guys (well, the one's brave enough to) wear mini versions called garters on their arms. Hehe, it's sort of like the girl with the most chocolate/ribbons/teddy bears/flashing lights/bells wins. Or has the weakest boyfriend
                        It makes a LOT more sense to think these things are created by guys. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't seen them. I was afraid I was just getting old!

Comment

Ok I've never heard of these either but I definitely knew my sister was living in Texas by the size of the HUGE corsage (a real flower one, not one of these made things) she was given at her baby shower there.
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'm going to be making a mom to be mum for my friend. And smaller versions (sister to be) for each of her 3 daughters. I'm a dork. But I'm a Texas dork. Who lives in Collin County. We like things big.
                            Veronica

Comment

We like things big.
                              I know...ever since I moved back to Texas, I keep wanting to style my hair bigger and bigger. Save me.

Comment

Just go with it. There's no way to save you.
                                Veronica

Comment

Working...
                                X