Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I wish I could just turn on the computer and have you all sitting in my living room..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you guys pick a date soon, I'm in. DH has to make him vacation picks for the first half of 2011 in a few weeks.

Comment

I could do KS too with enough notice, I'd even have free childcare! That is if you'll still have me.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Cheri - it's a rare one that leaves us forever (at least after you've been around for awhile). We're like crack. A good crack, right?

Does anyone know what's involved in reserving a block of hotel rooms? I love you all, and would really love it if we could do a "convention" type thing, but stuff like this has been bandied about and fallen through before, and I really don't want to get stuck holding the bill.

Comment

Jenn, it should just be a matter of calling their meeting planner, telling her you have a group of people, that you'll need a conference room for get togethers, how many rooms, etc. They'll block them off and hold them until a certain date and then release them. I'm in the process of planning something similar for a group of friends and their families and the websites of the hotels/resorts have a request for proposal page where you fill in all of the information and they get back to you. Might be worth trying.

The convention area there off of 435 might be nice because there are several hotels, its close to the mall and tons of JoCo restaurants. Though it might be harder to get for such a small group. There are a cluster of smaller hotels off of 119th and 35, we stayed in one of those for my wedding. I would think a bigger hotel might be easier to work with, like the Doubletree off of college, or something like that...

Let me know if you need help - I'm the eternal planner. As for me, April is probably out for now because that is when we're trying to plan this friends trip to the Dells and its an annual thing so it has to take priority.

Comment

This could be the spring of conferences for me! I have two professional conferences to attend in mid and late March so that I can graduate in May with a job. Your conference would be awesome and hopefully it would be in April/May. My only fear is that I will be a little broke pre-job and perhaps a bit stressed about finishing my thesis and getting it approved. Otherwise, I would totally fly out to KC from the East Coast in a heartbeat.

On Southwest.com, I see that airfare from my locale to KC is about $290/person through most of March and April. Haven't checked any other airlines yet though.
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I vote for Cheri to be out planner.
              Kris

Comment

Someone, anyone, can step up and plan, but people need to realize it will be completely impossible to pick a date that works for everyone. Whoever is in charge: pick a date and stick with it. You can also put up a poll where people could pick which date was best for them out of a selection to make it more math oriented. I am NOT in charge, but I will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Also, how long are we talking? I'm assuming this will be a long weekend type thing? Right?

For our wedding we did the same thing. I called and made the reservations in the guests' name and didn't give a cc. It was up to the guests to pay and take care of it. I'm sure there would be some discount if someone were to prepay for all those rooms, but I don't think anyone on here should have to be bothered with that just to save $10 or $20 per night per room.
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Should we start a thread in a private forum to discuss details, etc. Something about posting when we may be away makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!!!!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I started a thread in the call room.
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I don't have private access - I have no idea why but after a two month break my access is gone so someone let me know the date and I'll see what I can do. Jenn can handle planning it, she is local to KC after all.

Comment

Your access is gone because we turned it off because we thought you were taking an extended break. We'll turn it back on.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                            Jenn can handle planning it, she is local to KC after all.
                            I've not volunteered. (Although you didn't either, and I wouldn't have thought you'd do it). I'll help, but I'm not spearheading. Obviously I can / will be involved in a big way.

Comment

Working...
                            X