Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oh Christmas Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Christmas Tree

I am itching to get my Christmas tree out. It is an internal fight to wait until after Halloween. My husband only requests that I wait until after his birthday which is November 16h. An entire month?? noooooo!!!
    -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Lovingly, I will tell you that you are crazy!

I love the holidays too, but honey it's too early. Listen to some Christmas music on your earphones. Bake and freeze some cookies, but step away from the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

The tree comes up first weekend in November! I love XMAS!!
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Remember that song "The Twelve Days OF Christmas"? Only 12 days of decorations! Of course I didn't feel this way before the two cats and two dogs decided that the tree was for climbing and peeing on.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm still about the 1-800-flowers table top tree and am happy to report that I only have 12 more years until it's mine once again. (assuming he does come home from where ever he happens to be at age 18)

J.

Comment

Jenn, I'm sure we were sisters in a previous life!
            Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Waaayyyyy to early!!!!! 10 weeks until Christmas (I know exactly because I am counting down for other reasons). This year we will get a tree in mid December ish but that's early for us! Don't you get sick of it if you have it up for weeks and weeks? I can't see myself feeling festive for that long, lol.

Comment

I always decorate the day after thanksgiving. I will decorate a little earlier this year so I don't have to do it after the baby is born. I LOVE Xmas. But October is too early for decorations

Comment

I'm with you, Zoe. I have been itching to set up my Christmas village since I saw the Lemax display at Michael's last week!! If I could get away with it, I would probably decorate at the first sign of cold weather! DH probably won't be too excited with me if I try to decorate too much before Thanksgiving though. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                    Lovingly, I will tell you that you are crazy!

I love the holidays too, but honey it's too early. Listen to some Christmas music on your earphones. Bake and freeze some cookies, but step away from the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I've been listening to the Elf soundtrack in my car for a few days. It's making it worse!! I am a Christmasaholic.

Comment

I think this all stems from my parents making us wait until Christmas eve to put up our tree as a kid. Now that I'm free and can decorate when I want I would leave my tree up alllll year! I get mesmerized by the lights. oh man I'm making myself sound even more crazy than usual! But it's only the truth. I love Christmas SO much. I may have been one of Santa's elves in a previous life.

Comment

That's funny, I'm pretty sure I was a grinch in a previous life. I just can't seem to like the holidays no matter what I do. I only like it for my kids. I hate being crabby about it, but there it is.
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm more of Kelly's POV. It probably stems from my mother being obsessed with Christmas and dying broke while I found more unopened Christmas crap as I was cleaning out her house. Yeah, I'm a downer.
                          Last edited by Shakti; 10-18-2010, 08:04 AM. Reason: to fix iPad typing errors .........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

It is official, Zoe is in charge of making us all appreciate the holidays.
                            Luanne

Comment

Ours is going up the week after Thanksgiving. (It would go up the day after Thanksgiving, but we will be in Branson, admiring the Christmas lights at Silver Dollar City) We keep it up until Epiphany is over, though.

Totally get where you are coming from--wander around Hobby Lobby a bit to ease the urge. Actually, we still need a tree. I'm hoping my parents will upgrade and we can get theirs--otherwise I'm trolling Craigslist. I'm going to have to move furniture around to find a place to put it but the tree is non-negotiable. I went crazy at Target after Christmas last year buying clearance stuff and I cant wait to decorate MY OWN place!!!

I'm ready for the IMSN stuff, too!
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X