Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

You know you're tired when you ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you are tired when you mistake Desitin in the white tube for your Sensidine toothpaste. It took me about three brushes to realize something is wrong. ISH!!

My TWO YEAR OLD BETTER START SLEEPING LATER!!!!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Ewwwww!
      -Ladybug

Comment

When you mistake nail polish remover for eye makeup remover...that was a close one!
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn View Post
          you know you are tired when you mistake desitin in the white tube for your sensidine toothpaste. It took me about three brushes to realize something is wrong. Ish!!

My two year old better start sleeping later!!!!
          omg -
          Kris

Comment

oh my gosh!! I love this thread too!! Today I fell asleep on the couch with the newborn and left an awake 2 year to run amuck!! Oh my gosh, I woke in an panic!!!!
            Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

I just woke up from dreaming I was sleeping. Sigh.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I need a "like" button for that one, Laurie.

Mine is my current facebook status. I'd called the house while I was out and promptly forgot I'd ever made such a call. When I got home, I looked through the caller ID to see what calls I'd missed (I have my voicemail set to 15 rings b/c I hate to pick up messages). I saw a phone number that was familiar, but I couldn't place it. I knew I liked the person the number belonged to, so I just called back.

I called myself back.

To make matters worse, when my cell started ringing in my pocket, I assumed it was my husband calling (he has his own ringtone, and our home phone is in my phone under his name), so I ignored the ringing cell to see if anyone would answer my return call. Which, of course, they didn't b/c I've got it set to 15 rings or so before my voicemail picks up.

Comment

Jenn, that is hilarious!!!
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

This thread made me laugh so hard my abs hurt!

I do the "lose your glasses when they're sitting on your nose" thing, but with my kids. DS still gets a kick out of the time I frantically searched the house for DD, and he got to be the one who laughed and said, "She's right there in your arm, Mom!" I've done that more than once.

I've never boarded the wrong plane, but a coworker & I took a road trip in a state vehicle to do some focus groups. We took I-40 west to get there... so as we were leaving & chatting it up, it made sense to take I-40 west to get back home. We didn't notice until we hit the state line an hour away. I wish I could blame that one on being tired... We got a good laugh, and never told anyone at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb7456 View Post
                      I've never boarded the wrong plane, but a coworker & I took a road trip in a state vehicle to do some focus groups. We took I-40 west to get there... so as we were leaving & chatting it up, it made sense to take I-40 west to get back home. We didn't notice until we hit the state line an hour away. I wish I could blame that one on being tired... We got a good laugh, and never told anyone at the office.
                      I did this once. I had just moved to KC and dropped my parents off at the airport. I set the GPS to take me "home." It took me 30 minutes of driving east to realize that I wasn't going to loop back anytime soon and that I would be arriving in MD at 7 AM the next day. Fortunately, I can blame it on being tired. I had just driven a day and a half and moved into our new apartment. I was wiped.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

. . . when the thought of revising that damn contract one more time makes you want to take to your bed until next Spring.
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

When D was about 18 mo (and my only kid) I was out with some mom friends. The kids were playing and we moms were chatting. All of a sudden I freaked because I couldn't see D. We were kind of near a road. I started scanning other people to make sure they hadn't taken him, and I asked the other moms to help me look for him. They stared at me like I was crazy. And then pointed out that I was nursing him.
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I read these aloud to my colleague/office-mate and she was laughing so hard she cried off her mascara.

Jenn

Comment

I was just thinking--I think I've had one drink in the past year and a half! Half that time I was pregnant, but the other half of that time I've never had an evening where I felt like I could handle having a depressant in my system--I'm barely upright even without it.

You know you're tired when you're too exhausted to drink!
                              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

This thread is a classic. We should start a book of classics.
                                -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                                X