Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

doggie UTI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, I'm sorry, but yeah, that's just wrong. Hopefully it's just an idiot receptionist and the supervisor will straighten it out tomorrow.
    I hope you can find a better vet office soon!
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Actually, that doesn't seem too high. or maybe I'm just used to schlepping lots of animals all at once and never leaving the vet without having a semi-coronary.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
        Actually, that doesn't seem too high. or maybe I'm just used to schlepping lots of animals all at once and never leaving the vet without having a semi-coronary.

Jenn
        Yeah, the money didn't seem completely out of line to me (we just paid that much for one senior cat checkup with bloodwork), but the "the results are here but we can't give them to you for a week" thing is completely wrong.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Something sounds hinky. That is one vet's office I'd be crossing off my list of potential providers.
          Last edited by diggitydot; 11-02-2010, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
            Yeah. Vet bills and offices can be crazy money sucks. Im not the biggest fan of the current wave of vet care. I kind of prefer the old school type of vet. However that breed is almost extinct. I hope your doggie is doing okay.
            I completely agree. I took our dogs to a new vet that everyone just gushed over. I am sure she is wonderful but she is waaaay too "touchy feelly" for me. I love my dogs and they are very important to me but they aren't my kids and you don't have to call them my "babies." I miss the vets out in West Texas who always treated my dogs great but also treated them like "dogs." I also dislike vet's that are obviously uncomfortable with my dogs, I know they are big but they are well behaved and if you don't like the big one's then don't accept me as a client. I managed to walked out with some extremely expensive, really unnecessary blood panel for my older dog and not the proper vaccines for either of them. So now I get to pay another vet for another office visit to get the right shots.

As far as not getting the test results...I would lose it. That is completely unacceptable. Your dog is sick and uncomfortable, you have to worry about her and your carpet all because they won't/can't get to the results. This seems like a preventable situation. I hope your pup is doing better!

Comment

I'll second (third?) that the cost of the visit doesn't seem out of line. I would call again because I bet the first person you talked to didn't know what he/she was saying. If they keep telling you the same story, ask to speak to a superior, either the office manager or another vet. That's completely unacceptable to any reasonable person. If they insist that they cannot do that, I'd consider disputing the charge with your credit card company for non-performance and go have that test done someplace else.
              Cristina
              IM PGY-2

Comment

So the office manager called back, and said she couldn't open the vets mailbox either, so I told her I would appreciate it if you did another test at no charge. I was put on hold and said she would call me back later. Later today the vet calls me back with the results. Interesting. I thanked her went in and picked up the meds and my dogs records. I wasn't trying to be rude so I asked the secretary if this happens a lot, she said "well we are under new management and there has been a high turnover of vets and assistants here so everything is confusing even to me." I told her good luck, thanked her and I left.

Comment

Umm, yeah - what a MESS! Glad you got what you needed now you can find another office. No wonder they've had so much turnover.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                  X