Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Black Friday anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday anyone?

Who is in this year, and what deal are you going for?

I don't know. I missed the ads yesterday as we all have a blasted stomach bug AGAIN! What the heck. I'm considering the ipod deal for one of my kids ... I really can't decide. I'm going searching for fliers tonight at our local wal-mart once the kids are in bed.

So....I love Black Friday just for the sheer joy of getting up at 4am, making coffee and heading out the door into the darkness. Am I alone?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I haven't decided, our ads are usually in Thursday's paper so we'll see. With the way my kids sleep I'm usually up anyway!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Kris, download the TGI Black Friday App for your iphone.

I'm sure I'll be in one or more of the crazy lines at a crazy early hour on Friday. Just don't know which yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...riday/1261520/

No Black Friday for me. I worked enough of them to not want to participate in it. I'm sure my tune will probably change when I have children who want some hard-to-find toy.

Kris, I'm pretty sure Lowe's has already put out their Black Friday ad. Check out their Facebook page. Otherwise, all of the ads should be in Thursday's paper.
        Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Wal-Mart (forbidden store, I know) is selling the ds-lite for 89, which is a savings of about $40 over the regular price. Seeing as Zoe has somehow learned my itunes password and has downloaded 16 games!!!! I believe she will be getting this!

Kris

Comment

I have the Black Friday iPhone app and it pretty much rocks. You can save individual items to a list and keel it for later.

We'll see of I actually head out at the butt-crack of dawn. I'm not a morning person, but Joann's is having some good sales that will come in really handy for DD2.

Comment

So. Zoe figured out my apple password and downloaded a buttload of games. I tried to download the black Friday app only to discover that my ID has been disabled due to security reasons. That will teach me to be sick to my stomach and let her play with my iPhone!

Comment

I'm almost done- I am planning on participating in Small Business Saturday, though.

Here's the down low: The family is getting a Wii package deal with all kinds of stuff that I bought through the AAFES website. Dude is getting the Lego Airport and some other smaller Legos. From the Crayola website I ordered him pencils, markers, crayons, and tons of different sizes of paper. The kid draws constantly (he carries a little note pad with him in case he has to draw something) so I hope that makes him happy. I also ordered him a UCSB shirt (they can wear their elementary school's spirit shirt or a college shirt on Fridays and I'm about done with the TCU/TT/A &M/Longhorns/UTSA stuff- he's already the only kid with a Pitt shirt! He's also getting a lot of books. I'm taking my husband out to dinner on December 22 (the night we close [hopefully- there's still 24 hours left that they can back out]) to the Russia House in DC. I'm craving some Russian food BAD. My brother wants a gift certificate to a local golf shop because he wants new clubs. My older nephew is obsessed with all things dead so I scored big at the Egypt exhibit at the San Antonio Museum of Art (if you locals haven't been, go- it's very well done. On loan from the Brooklyn Museum) and the younger one is getting some wooden fruits and veggies (made in the USA! Finally found some that aren't Melissa and Doug/made in China)

For my dad I found a photographer in Carroll County, Ohio and had him take pictures of the buildings that my gggrandfather built. (So Cool!) and for their anniversary gift (12/21) we're getting them a box of Vosages Chocolates and a bottle of champagne. Their together Christmas gift is one of those things that makes soda water. They only drink bubbly water for some reason and this will be 1) fun and 2) more environmentally friendly since they're total tree-hugging bee-keeping oyster growers these days. Mom is getting one of those grandmother necklaces with the boys names stamped into rings. She'll cry. We're contributing to a Kindle purchase for my MIL. (and by contributing, I'm pretty sure that means contribute 75% of the cost)

The only one left is my SIL. I found her a new Pucci scarf on ebay for her 40th birthday (12/1) so I pretty much scored there. For Christmas, I'm stumped. (Fashionistas- help a girl out here!)

So, pretty much I've once again been able to knock it all out without setting foot in a store. 90% is already purchased at at my mother's house.

Jenn

Comment

If target has anything worth while I will be there. AM will stay home with her Daddy

Comment

So....I love Black Friday just for the sheer joy of getting up at 4am, making coffee and heading out the door into the darkness. Am I alone?
                    Nope, but we'll be in Branson, which is apparently complete hell so I'm not sure it will happen. I do like to make it to Target to snap up some good DVDs though.

DCJenn...impressive.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

You cannot PAY me enough to head out on black friday. Most of my shopping is DONE, including a freakin' cow bell for my sister. (She actually wants and old-fashioned farm bell to call in the kids from the park across the street, but I couldn't find one. I did find an antique cow bell that is certainly loud enough to do the job).
                      Kris

Comment

I have never gone shopping on Black Friday in my 10 years in this country and I want to change that. Most of my shopping is done and I'll only be heading to K-Mart for one Xbox 360 game. If I don't get it, Amazon to the rescue. It feels good to be done early.
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                          You cannot PAY me enough to head out on black friday.
                          Crowds + shopping + 4 small children = one miserably hellish day for me. I'll be happily shopping from my living room.

Comment

Oh, amen. I only ever head out if the kids are NOT tagging along out of consideration for my sanity and theirs.

Comment

There is nothing short of a scheduled flight for some sort of vacation that will get me out of bed before 7am. I'm just not a morning person & I'm not a fan of crazy crowds either. We don't really have money to spend either. Dh is getting a new heart rate moniter/watch and besides the Muno pillow/doll we got O we'll probably get him another train or two & something else. We want to get him a scooter too but it's more than we want to spend, so we're still debating that idea. For my parents & dhs mom we are doing the calendar thing with pics of Oscar. Not sure I'll get anything. We just don't have the money. Dh says to but we'll see.

Happy sale hunting everyone!
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X