Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Black Friday anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't think I was going to be buying anything, but DH and I purchased some gifts online last night. Vera Bradley was having a sale on their duffle bags (1/2 off and they had my retired pattern available), so I got myself one, as well as gifts for my mother and MIL. Free shipping on orders over $75 through Sunday! We also got a gift for my dad (sports memorabilia) and FIL (really hard-to-find organic loose tea). Now all I have left is another small gift for MIL, something for mother's BF, our 3 siblings, and gifts for each other. I won't be doing anymore shopping (unless I get a great online deal) until after the 16th when my semester is over. I'm glad my grad student status will allow me to shop in the middle of the week versus on the weekends!
    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Oops, I lied- at 10:30 pm on black friday I ordered a necklace for my mother from Red Envelope- it was 20% off and ebates was giving 10% off so ultimately it'll be 30% off. Yesterday we stuck with the Small Business Saturday theme and shopped at a local book store and the Farmer's Market. I did go to Home Depot for smoke detectors but I figure no one will begrudge me preventing my house from burning down. and I did go to Whole Foods but only for milk so I made sure to buy the milk from a local farm that they carry here. So, all in all... My brother wants new golf clubs so I'm googling resources in DC- I found a small place in DC that does nothing but tennis and gold supplies so I think I'll send my husband to get my brother a gift certificate from there. Of course, that's risky because there's a very good chance my husband will leave there w/ new clubs, too. (he actually wanted me to bring his clubs to DC the last time I went. Um, NO? The Army moved you, dude. You should have thought about that.)

J.

Comment

Thanksgiving was a success, but also a lot more work than I thought it would be. I ended up deciding that saving $8 wouldn't be enough to get me out of bed and into the cold. I did order a Wii Fit on Amazon for $67 as a gift to ourselves.
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

Love the Wii Fit!

Comment

I just returned from Home Depot, I spent $291.80 on paint and other "stuff"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love their new paint with primer.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
              Kris, is "cuddle duds" code for lingerie?
              Cuddl duds are long underwear that are really soft and not bulky.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
                Cuddl duds are long underwear that are really soft and not bulky.
                Lol. Yes. Sorry to disappoint!
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We went to old navy on Saturday since the same sales were on. Got lots of clothing we all needed. I even found two pairs of jeans. Straight, loose and 100% cotton - in the mens section . They fit my body better than the women cuts so I'm pleased. Goodbye holy pants!
                  Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I got a Chi at Beauty Brands for $94. Still extravagant, but I borrowed my sister's and fell in love!
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I got a ton of deals on black Friday. Had to wake up at 4AM for them though. The rush wasn't so bad either.

Comment

Working...
                      X