Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Departmental Holiday Party Dress Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I agree with you. I grew up with a criminal defense attorney as a father and even as a kid I tried to avoid telling people what type of law my dad practiced. We aren't exactly celebrated by other attorneys, the general public, um anyone except each other...! I know he already told his PD and he had a positive reaction but hopefully we are insignificant enough for him to have forgotten and to have it not come up, if it does I can't promise to hold my tongue.

As a side note, I have to say I am actually amazed at the number of my husband's patients who could double as my clients... Maybe it is just where we are but they get more assaults, gun shots, stabbings, DWIs victims etc then I would have ever expected in NSG. I thought it would be mostly elderly people having strokes or spine fusions. They had a John Doe that ended up being a wanted felon in another state. They found out after he had spent 3 months in the ICU! Anyways... I plan to stick to eating and listening. Although I reserve the right to one glass of wine to steady my nerves. At least I will be dressed properly!

Comment

You will be fine!!!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
        Wear a chic, conservative, black (or other dark color) cocktail dress (think a sheath dress from Ann Taylor or something like that) with subtle but distinctive complementary jewelry, fashionable but not showy heels, and flawless makeup (you know, when it's done to make you look "natural"). Do not wear anything that will make you look outwardly sexy (but also do not look frumpy) and do not wear anything more expensive than any of the attendings' wives will wear.

And bring something appropriate as a hostess gift--a lovely bouquet, wine, something that like.

Good luck. I've got mine on Saturday.
        Fantastic advice!!!!

If you bring a bouquet, make sure it's already IN something or you risk that awkward moment where the busy hostess has to find something to put your flowers in so they won't die!
        I love bringing a small arrangement in a chic square glass vase. It's large enough to fit on a sidetable in the living room but small enough to accent a bathroom. Choose holiday colors and NO carnations! I usually can find a few vases at Pier one for less than 7 dollars -- then go to my favorite flower lady so she can fill it in STYLE! With tax I usually don't spend over 25$.
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Black dress. Go conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by bb35 View Post
            Go conservative.
            Word. When in doubt, go for the nipple pastie, with a full tulle skirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky View Post
              Word. When in doubt, go for the nipple pastie, with a full tulle skirt.
              I think this would be a bit more appropriate:

Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

HA! I remember when she wore that dress!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X