Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Any over-the-top gifts for your kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids I nanny for have a sing-a-ma-jig.. The red one. I didn't get what it was until now. The little girl just plays baby with it. I didn't find it that neat or exciting.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I just googled them, they sing with each other or something? What age group are they good for? I still need a present for my 2.5 yr-old niece.

Comment

Our Christmas was pretty low-key. Dd got some books from dh and me (a few classics), and I also bought her a clickety-clack alligator that she is supposed to walk. It has a string she's supposed to hold. She doesn't walk, but it's so cute to watch her try to manipulate it across the floor by scooting. She takes the string leash by the very end--so literal!

She also got some nice wooden toys from my German host family and a stacking toy from my brother.

I gave dh a new lens for his camera, and he gave me a wallet.

Dh has had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off, so I can't complain!

My parents gave dd a new outfit for her Corolle doll.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Oops, somehow my paragraph ordering got jumbled in my post!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

My 3.5-year old doesn't get how to make it sing. His sisters do it for him. For a 2.5 year old, I'd go for a LeapFrog Laptop or one of the LeapFrog dogs -- Violet for girls, Spot for boys.
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

So the commercial for the sing a mi jigs makes it look like you push it once and they sing, but you have to push the stomach for EVERY note which A really isn't interested in doing. If you pushed it once and it did a song they would be great, but every note is to much IMO.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam View Post
                Chrisada: have you used it on hardwood floors? I'm interested that!
                I haven't but my father has and swears by it. He has large tile like I'm sure you do in AZ. We have marble in our foyer so I plan on trying it on there. But that machine is unbelievable.
                Last edited by Chrisada; 12-26-2010, 03:41 PM.

Comment

No kids here, but I don't think my gifts were over-the-top. I got a Nook from my parents and a Wusthof Classic santoku knife (to complete my set) from Andrew among other things.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

Love my Wusthof classic santoku knife. Enjoy it!
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

We gave Amy the Wusthof set for a shower gift. I'm so jealous of her knives!!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We gave Oliver an easel for Christmas. Amy picked it and I ordered it and had it sent to her house for Santa to leave for him (and they had to put it together!!!!!). When we went over we gave him "art" supplies to go with the easel and a Moon Dough Pizze set. I LOVE the moon dough. Thanks to all of you, I try to only give him gifts that she wants him to have. It is lot easier for me too. We also gave him a North Face snow bib, jacket, hat, & mittens that we got while in Vancouver (again, thanks to all of you I checked with her first to make sure she liked it, and I got the color she wanted). We gave him those last month because he needed them.
                        Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

You're an awesome grandma, Luanne!

I just went through the clothes MIL gave the girls. Each got one item that is wearable. E got a skirt that's too short to go with a top that's too short. M got a hand-wash-only 3-piece short set that's too young and too short. She knows they love Gap and most stuff there is appropriate. But apparently it's trendier to shop Neiman's clearance racks and buy summer clothes in December.
                          Veronica

Comment

Gift card!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Luanne

Comment

Can I give you her number?
                              Veronica

Comment

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!
                                Luanne

Comment

Working...
                                X