Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your favorite song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite song?

Just curious--sometimes I think it says a lot about a person.

Mine is "Dela" by Johnny Clegg & Savuka--most popularly known from "George and the Jungle"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Oy2TpdTzU

I have a thing for South African music and I love the "supposed" meaning of the Zulu word Dela in this song--"content" or "total recognition of my heart's home"
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

"Dancing Queen" by ABBA, or any Sarah Brightman song.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Saturday in the Park by Chicago (which only a handful of our members will likely remember).
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
        Saturday in the Park by Chicago (which only a handful of our members will likely remember).
        Awesome song. Love Chicago!

"One of These Nights" by the Eagles. "Hotel California" is a very close second. I was totally raised on classic rock. Never really knew about Bruce or Bon Jovi until I went to college, which is a shocker considering where I grew up.
        Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Depends on my mood. Typically thrash metal, punk, or Tchaikovsky. Yeah, I know -- I have issues.

Comment

While I do listen to plenty of classical and jazz, my of-the-moment fave song is White Trash Party by Eminem. I can't help it, it's how I get my housework done! Mellow music is for wine on the couch with the hubby.

WGW, you and my DH would get along beautifully. He's got the girls dancing to ABBA and singing Sarah B.

Comment

This is a tough one, mostly because I play songs/albums I like so often that I get tired of them and move on to something else. I guess one song that really stands out for me is "Reminiscing" by the Little River Band. It's just so catchy and has great harmonies, plus a nice brass arrangement.

Comment

I also play songs/albums over and over and over and over until I get sick of them, so it's a bit hard to say I have a favorite...but for some strange reason, I can never get sick of Billy Joel!
                I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

We need an iMSN playlist!!!!!
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Just one? Hmmm....that's hard. I really like happy music, like disco. I love the Queen, the Commodores, and KC and the Sunshine band. Any thing extravagant and over the top because what is life without a little decadence?

For meaning alone, however, I love Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton's duet: When I get where I'm going. It is just such a joyful and peaceful song.
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                      For meaning alone, however, I love Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton's duet: When I get where I'm going. It is just such a joyful and peaceful song.
                      Completely agree (the video is beautiful as well)
                      Tara

Comment

Current song...pearl jam's Just Breathe. Love it!!! Also really like
                        Maxwell's A Womans Worth.
                        Danielle
                        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

My City of Ruin by Springsteen.

Jenn

Comment

"Current" song: Viva la Vida by Coldplay

If I was walking down death row...and it was the last music my ears and my mind would ever embraced...Mozart's
                            Requiem...Leonard Bernstein's '89 Bavarian recording.
                            -Ladybug

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQC6dXCQJ8M

Matt Maher - Hold Us Together

When this comes on the radio (or iPhone), there is singing, clapping, swaying side-to-side. You can't help it.
                              Veronica
                              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                              X