Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your favorite song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and this gets played when no kids are in the car: Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You [Explicit] (Linkin Park with Jay Z)
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I know it's completely trite, but my all-time favorite piece of music--that stuff I play late at night when I am pulling an all-nighter drafting some emergency order or something--is the fourth movement of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9. I have heard it performed live once. Best date ever.

Comment

Matt Maher - Hold Us Together
        We had his song "Set Me as a Seal" played during our wedding mass
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I like a lot of different songs. One of my favs is "Wonderful Tonight", by Eric Clapton.

However, right now I am into Eminem and Rihanna which is a little bit of a departure from my normal preferences.
          Needs

Comment

I can't pick just one ... and my musical tastes are all over the place. Current tops on my ipod include Islands in the Stream by Dolly Parton, Unbreak and Breathe by Ryan Star, Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri and *gulp* Remember the Name by The Rising Tied ... Alex (12 ... umm, yah, I know) and I usually blast this as loud as we can once we're on the highway...think total VW trash. He introduced me to the song and he loves it because of the fact that it has both violin and drum parts. He wants to start a band that includes violin as one of the instruments (and of course he envisions himself the lead once he can get past Michael Row the Boat ashore! LOL). I love it because of him and his enthusiasm for the violin and drum parts. We both know the words to the chorus by heart and then he plays an air violin/air drums while we drive! LOL I also love the United States of Pop 2009 Remix and am partial to the 2010 remix too. .... I ... also listen to the Rainbow Connection by Kenny Loggins! LOL
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Favorite classical piece: Beethhoven's Ode to Joy. (Did I mention I like happy music?)

I also find Barber's adagio for strings breathtaking but it is anything but happy.
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Favorite classical piece: Beethhoven's Ode to Joy.
                The Dallas Symphony Orchestra is doing the Choral from Symphony No. (don't know proper name) this spring. I'm going
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Like Kris said, it would be impossible for me to pick only one & my music tastes are also all over the place. Some that come to mind are:

-Runaway Train by Soul Asylum

-Have a little faith in me (the Jewel version)

-Johnny & June by Heidi Newfield

-Heart of the Matter by The Eagles

-Faithfully and Don't stop believing by Journey

-Como la flor by Selena

-Glitter in the air by P!nk. I LOVE P!nk BTW!

-No Surprise & September by Daughtry

-Rest Stop & 3 AM (piano version) by Matchbox 20.

Lately though I've been playing a lot of songs that remind me of the Match & our med school journey. Top of those lists are:

-Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades by Timbuk 3

-Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi

Tara- I remember Saturday in the Park! It was on the My Girl soundtrack that I played a million times as a kid!
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                    Matt Maher - Hold Us Together

When this comes on the radio (or iPhone), there is singing, clapping, swaying side-to-side. You can't help it.
                    My church choir has sung this a few times. There does tend to be swaying.

For the longest time my favorite song was John Mayer's Why Georgia. I'm not sure it's still my favorite favorite, but I definitely still like it.
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Umm....a tie between

Jesus Christ Pose by Soundgarden

and

Master of Puppets by Metallica
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                        The Dallas Symphony Orchestra is doing the Choral from Symphony No. (don't know proper name) this spring. I'm going
                        You guys!!! That's the fourth movement of Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125!! I told you I am trite! But still, BEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF MUSIC EVER! You'll love the concert. Really jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                          For the longest time my favorite song was John Mayer's Why Georgia. I'm not sure it's still my favorite favorite, but I definitely still like it.
                          Oooh, I love that song too! It's definitely one of those that never gets skipped when it comes up on the ipod!
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                            You guys!!! That's the fourth movement of Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125!! I told you I am trite! But still, BEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF MUSIC EVER! You'll love the concert. Really jealous.
                            There's a reason why some pieces seem trite; it's because they're fabulous and have withstood the test of time! One of my faves is Spring of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. A fun one for kids is Camille Saint-Saens "Carnival of the Animals". They can try and figure out what kind of animal the music sounds like.

Mozart's Symphonies 29 and 40 are both excellent too. I think he wrote 40 in just a few weeks. Disgusting.

Comment

Right now mine is You!Me! Dancing! By Los Campesinos. I can't be in a glum mood when I play it!

Comment

Currently it has to be "Bound to Break" by Harper Blynn. Anyone up in NYC should check these guys out live!

Comment

Working...
                                X