Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's ready for snow/ice/general destruction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weathermen where I grew up are amazing (woohoo Gary England!), so many people take what they say as law and do accordingly.
    I love Gary England. I'm his Facebook friend and told him so It's so true though--Oklahomans do what their weatherman tells them. Unless it is to get inside because there is a tornado coming--then they go outside to investigate first

Veronica--I don't even know if classes are canceled but DH didn't go into day either. I think he's still in bed. It's the only part of our house above 60. Hope your husband is able to get there!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• http://picasaweb.google.com/jennifer...qA4LmTrYKNpwE#

I got to shovel my cul-de-sac or I wouldn't be able to get in or out of my drive.

Comment

• Took over 3 hours, but he got there. He has 2 or 3 patients he needs to see and then will likely turn around and head home. Hopefully he'll make it home before dark. LOL I told him to get a cab if he has to. There aren't any just driving around though so we'd have to call and request one then wait for them to arrive then pay 50 for them to drive him to Plano. May as well take the damn train.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• Originally posted by Shakti View Post
          http://picasaweb.google.com/jennifer...qA4LmTrYKNpwE#

I got to shovel my cul-de-sac or I wouldn't be able to get in or out of my drive.
          That's nuts! I'd just stay home. I don't think I'd last long somewhere with real snow.
          Veronica

Comment

• Things are so crappy here I am ready to move. That includes DH deciding to drive home in the middle of the storm the other night. Car gets stuck, I go and get him and have to shovel my way out of the driveway and part of the street. We call AAA, they are so busy there is no answer, just a recording. Car gets towed by state police, impounded, and $400 later (cash only at the cesspool impound place) I get the car towed to repair place. BTW, as I call AAA from the imound place, they tell me the same place that towed and impounded the car is who will tow it for them to the repair place. I swear I was the only one there with a car impounded for anything near a legal reason. I could go on and on but am getting pissed all over again. I did tell him not to leave the hospital and try to drive home. That was yesterday after I spent 4 1/2 hours at the Division of Motor Vehicles trying to get a duplicate title for the last car DH had, just trying to junk it and I had to jump through hoops to get the title, he said he couldn't find it. I don't think he actually ever looked for it. Can you tell I am in a good mood. It is amazing how cathartic it is to type this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

• Luanne-

You deserve a hot toddy in front of the fireplace (assuming that you ahve one!) One OR the other of those things would have pissed me off but DMV + rescue mission = near sainthood!

Jenn

Comment

• Haha, Veronica...forget the cab

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/a...g-taxi-dr.html
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Well alrighty then. DART it is. Ugh!
                  Veronica

Comment

• School will be out for the third day in a row tomorrow.....ugh! Getting a little stir crazy, but it is too icy to go anywhere.
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

• Luanne - Oh no!! Why can't they just listen to us and stay put?? I hope you still have enough snow to chill a good bottle of vino for consumption ASAP.
                      Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

• Luanne- I'd be furious. Wow!
                        Veronica

Comment

• Stay warm and safe guys! It sounds like there are some really treacherous conditions.

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• Originally posted by migirl View Post
                            I'm so unimpressed by the snow totals so far. We were told to expect a foot or more, some areas only got 4-6 inches. Lame. The local media was totally hyping this up, people were raiding grocery stores ... so stupid. We live in Michigan! It's winter! It snows!
                            Exactly! And why was the YMCA closed today. They completely screwed up my workout. But I will say how impressed I was that DH snowblowed the driveway as soon as he got home from night float and again right before he left. all without me having to say one word!
                            Last edited by Chrisada; 02-02-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• It took about three hours for several neighbors to plow/snowblow/shovel out five driveways. Doesn't really matter though. A snowplow can't get through to us because the closest major road has such high drifts that an end loader needs to remove the snow. The plow can't make it through. So, we're stuck. DH called the city because he has to get to work tomorrow (his boss has been living at the hospital for several days pulling back to back shifts to cover for docs who can't get there. The city told him that if they can't get us plowed out, they'll have a county vehicle drive him to work (which is normally 45 minutes from here). We'll see if they follow through on that or if DH needs to find a snowmobile to borrow.
                              -Deb
                              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

• Originally posted by migirl View Post
                                I'm so unimpressed by the snow totals so far. We were told to expect a foot or more, some areas only got 4-6 inches. Lame. The local media was totally hyping this up, people were raiding grocery stores ... so stupid. We live in Michigan! It's winter! It snows!
                                I know. Every single storm coming in recently has been hyped and then has fallen seriously short. I've even stopped paying attention to the reports.

We had -30 today with the wind chill at one point ... our area schools didn't even have a 2 hour delay. I think we're all just used to it. My mom is in Dallas and she's freaking out about coming here next week after the bad weather they are having right now!

Kris
                                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                                X