Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Site slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do too. Anyone want to confess? Lo
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

You can do that? All I got was that annoying "cannot load site" message.

Comment

I think it's funny, but also a little alarming. Can they tell ,you the email address it came from?

Comment

It wasn't me, although I did get a page that said something like, "if you are the webmaster, please email us at..." They should be able to tell you the general location of the person who did it based on the IP.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

They told me nothing. They just demanded I verify my identity.

Comment

Someone's secret is safe with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                I think it's funny, but also a little alarming. Can they tell ,you the email address it came from?
                I think it's very alarming. So, hostgator wouldn't tell you who sent the email, even though you are the site owner? That seems weird to me. And seriously, who would even do that? Sorry, but I think sending an email as you is just wrong. But maybe that's me, as you all know what kind of email and computer privacy issues I have to deal with.
                Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I imagine someone from imsn was trying to help. I also dint have the content of the message. I think hostgator did a good job of verifying, and pointing me to the problems so that I could get rid of them. I don't feel alarmed. Ultimately, their actions in identifying scripts gone rogue protected us. I could delete them and the site is working fine now.

Comment

I didn't read the messages came up, but if a screen was coming up as Christina described, then someone might have misinterpreted it as a way to get a message to Kris to let her know the site was down. Since the screen apparently asked for "webmaster" to email, then HostGator would likely assume a message from that link was Kris, rather than someone posing as Kris. That scenario is far less alarming to me. It sounds like they took appropriate action and waiting for the true Kris to present herself before doing anything to the site.

Comment

I got the screen that Christina was talking about a few days ago but not yesterday when it was really slow.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

All I know is that when the site has issues I first refresh a bunch of times, then try to remember the temporary site we once had (but can't), then check facebook, then slightly panic, then worry about person A, B, or C (whoever is struggling most at the time), then try and refresh the iMSN site again, repeat.
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Crack me up Tara. I have similar freak-outs.
                          Jenn, I imagine your version of events is closest to what happened. Like I said, I'm not concerned. They handled it quickly and professionally for us.

I'm so addicted though.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                            All I know is that when the site has issues I first refresh a bunch of times, then try to remember the temporary site we once had (but can't), then check facebook, then slightly panic, then worry about person A, B, or C (whoever is struggling most at the time), then try and refresh the iMSN site again, repeat.

Ditto!!
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                              Yup, that's what I do also. Only yesterday nobody was complaining about it on facebook, and I didn't want to be the first (and possibly only) nutter whining that she couldn't get her iMSN fix for the day.
                              Cristina
                              IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by MissCrabette View Post
                                Yup, that's what I do also. Only yesterday nobody was complaining about it on facebook, and I didn't want to be the first (and possibly only) nutter whining that she couldn't get her iMSN fix for the day.
                                Oh honey - it wouldn't be just you... We are ALL in the same boat.
                                Kris

Comment

Working...
                                X