Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Unfinished Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My whole life and house is an ongoing unfinished project!! The one's currently bugging me at the moment are the unfinished hardwood floor that DH is laying in the family room. He is doing about a strip a day. We might have it done by Christmas. I have been "working" on a decorative screen for my formal living room. My theme of the room is Henri Matisse. I just got around to ordering a Matisse calender to use the pictures to decoupage 6 panels for the front. The wood is cut in the garage waiting to be staained and molding applied. I need to find 1/4" wood trim for the top of my Kitchen backsplash that I put in 3 months ago. By the time the deck and deck furniture are stripped and restained, summer will be over and it will be too late to enjoy. I need to go though about six huge tubs of baby clothes and either sell, give away or toss.

I did get around to painting and shingling the dog house this week. Now the little pain in the rear has a little house that matches ours What a spoiled brat!

Yet here I am on my but eating pizza and surfing the net. Oh I need some motivation!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
      Sooooo, we're about half-way done completely redoing the kitchen (ripped up carpet- who puts carpet in a kitchen?!, steamed off wallpaper, painted, painted, painted, put down a new floor, took some of the cabinets down and moved them to other walls).
      Ditto on the carpet in the kitchen....ewwww. Same for bathrooms??? Our house had a mother-in-law apartment in the basement (which we quickly ripped out). Both the kitchen and bathroom were carpeted. Pulling out that carpet was.....well, really gross.

Having the kitchen under your belt will be a huge accomplishment! No room was left untouched in our house after we moved in. The house needed some major changes. Next to the complete bathroom remodel, the kitchen was the hardest. Not only is it a lot of work, but you only have one and need it to eat! We were so sick of eating out -- we didn't go out for months after we finished our kitchen. You're making good progress!

Comment

Way way too many to mention!!!!!!!
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Well- it's the middle of July and we're still living out of moving boxes. I unpacked a needlepoint kit that's almost done- it was to be a ringbearers pillow for a person who 1) I no longer am friends with, 2) who is already divorced and has been for several years. I have a Christmas tree skirt counted cross stitch kit that I've been working on for two years already and by the time I figure I'll finish it- I won't be able to see how it looks, I'll be so old!

The truth of my life is that if I can't finish it in a day, I need to not start it!

Jenn

Comment

UPDATE!

OK>..UPDATE...I FINISHED my daughter's quilt..it's TRUE! Now..it is not perfect...(and I realized after sewing together all of the edges that I forgot to quilt a small area ..but I'm even going to try and let that go and let it just be one of the imperfections of a home-made quilt. I also made her a pillowcase cover to match as well as a bunch of different sized small throw pillows made of different quilt block fabrics to line her bed.

YIPPEE! I'm so proud of myself..I know that's silly...but I am. Unfortunately, now my boys (including my dh) all want quilts Maybe by the time they graduate

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

That's awesome, Kris! And funny that the rest of the family wants a quilt too.
              I clipped out a bunch of my recipes and went through and tossed about 5 more magazines. I am now totally caught up on the magazines but still have to put the recipes in the binder. Some progress made....thanks largely to this topic!
              As a side note, there is *no* way that the dining chair pillow cushions or knitting will likely be finished in my lifetime.

Comment

Good for you Kris--especially since you have been feeling less than energetic these days!
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                X