Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending love and prayers to Japan and her people.

I truly fell head over heals for that country when I was there.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Such a massive tragedy. The pictures are bringing me to tears. I hope everyone hears from their peeps soon.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Holy crap. I just got a chance to see some of the photos/videos of the tsunami. Un-freaking-believable.
        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

That's awful. Not to take away from the tragedy that this is, but I'm glad to see that Japan was so well prepared. It could've been so much worse. I hope all your loved ones are accounted for.
          Last edited by MissCrabette; 03-11-2011, 11:19 AM.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

I don't know if anybody has friends/family in the armed forces over there, but the US military says that all of its people are accounted for.
            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Thanks corn poffi!

I just watched "Hereafter" this week with their surprising tsunami scenes and then this happens.

< to those with friends and family there.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                I don't know if anybody has friends/family in the armed forces over there, but the US military says that all of its people are accounted for.
                One of DH's med school classmates is at Misawa Air Base Hospital and we of course have no way of getting ahold of him other then fb and he has not checked in. That one is tough because he's a physician so, of course, even if he is fine I'm sure he won't come up to check in for several days. Hopefully he can check in soon.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thinking of all of you with loved ones in that area.

Comment

DH also reminded me of a Japanese fellow that was here a couple of years ago - he was great, his wife and his kids - all very nice people. They're going to try to e-mail them.

All of it is so sad.

Comment

I just watched a report on cnn.com. Ugh. It makes my stomach go into knots.

Those are my people.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                        One of DH's med school classmates is at Misawa Air Base Hospital and we of course have no way of getting ahold of him other then fb and he has not checked in. That one is tough because he's a physician so, of course, even if he is fine I'm sure he won't come up to check in for several days. Hopefully he can check in soon.
                        He checked in - they have no power so they are all at the hospital which is on generators but they're ok.

I'm so sorry alison, we only know a few people there I can't imagine knowing a lot and trying to find out how they are doing especially since so much of the country seems to be without power.

Comment

The coverage is absolutely horrifying to watch, I just can stomach it. It's just so tragic.
                          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

My cousin and his family is in Okinawa. That are okay. It is just so sad.
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

The nuclear reactor events are terrifying right now. I'm really scared for all nearby right now.
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

My family is ok. Looking at the images on tv and on the internet is really awful for me.
                                I see myself in these people. I look like them. We have the same eyes, hair, expressions -- and bushy eyebrows! I'm a wreck who's in denial, trying to go about my daily life... My in-law's impending visit is NOTHING to complain about, when there are thousands of people suffering to no end.
                                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                                X