Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Please Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

voted. prayers to her family.
    Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

I have voted twice now, so maybe there is some kind of 24-hour thing. I think I was on the computer and this browser both times, but you could try different computers and different browsers. I think she's going to win anyway, though. I am glad for her, but I wish it was a permanent car win or money win! She obviously deserves something great to happen for her. I really hope this gets the word out more for Batten's disease. I know I has no idea what it was, so that's at least one more person! Heartbreaking.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I was able to vote again from my other browser but still not this one.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Done, I hadn't heard of Batten's either. So sad.
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Done, that is so sad and heart breaking. just tragic.

Comment

I voted. She's way in the lead.

I just can not imagine dealing with what she is dealing with. There is nothing more heartbreaking than a child with a terminal illness.

I too had never heard of battens.
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I voted again, but she's clearly going to win. Heartbreaking story. I can't even begin to imagine.

Comment

Voted. Good Bless that family. It reminds me of the Parseghian family, they lost three of their four children to Niemann-Pick Type C disease.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I think the only thing worse than finding out your child has a terminal illness, is discovering that it was genetically inherited.
                    That's what really breaks my heart, especially for the parents who didn't even realize they were/are carriers of something so devastating & unknowingly passing it on to their kids.
                    That is just horror on top of extreme sadness in my book.

Comment

Working...
                    X