Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bin Laden -- anyone else watching this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Laden -- anyone else watching this?

Son of a bitch is dead. We got him and have his body--confirmed by DNA.

May he rot.

We flipped over to the 10pm news and I was shocked! Ding Dong the bitch is dead!

I do wonder what it will do to the political unrest in the area. Especially since it sounds as if we may have infiltrated Pakistan covertly to drag his weasely ass back to Afghanistan. I would rather deal with that short term fall out than his long term poison.
    Kris

Comment

I'd like to be watching it so I can go to bed! Let's get on with it already.

But yes, I'm glad they finally got him!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I've been following this & waiting to hear the Presidents address. I think it's cool people are already assembling outside the white house.
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

My only comment... GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
          Last edited by medwife517; 05-01-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I had chills for several minutes when the news broke.
            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

We are still up watching. I tried to get DH to go to Ground Zero, that is where I want to be now.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

While I have a difficult time celebrating anyone's death (warranted or not), I'm glad and thankful that an immense evil has left this world and that the loved ones of the thousands of innocent lives taken by this man may feel some small semblance of closure. I wish them peace.

Comment

I am watching posts come up all over FB and watched much of the coverage. I don't feel the celebration that most seem to be feeling. So many lives are lost...we live in a world still full of terrorism...we have way too many troops being deployed into war zones. Call me anti-American, but I really wish we would have just prevented the Towers falling on 9/11.
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I don't really feel very celebratory, either. I think it's bc I feel like this whole thing (terrorism, unrest, etc) has become so much bigger than him. I understand the symbolism of his demise, but he just doesn't seem very relevant anymore.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                      While I have a difficult time celebrating anyone's death (warranted or not),
                      Not me. Not on this. DH and I were up half the night celebrating and talking with family. We have a lot of family and friends in NY. Both my siblings were near the WTC when it happened.

I am so tired this morning I can barely drag my tuckus out of bed.

Of course, not all that thrilled about going into the federal courthouse now...I am sure there are completely OBL-following nuts who will now try to retaliate.

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                        I am watching posts come up all over FB and watched much of the coverage. I don't feel the celebration that most seem to be feeling. So many lives are lost...we live in a world still full of terrorism...we have way too many troops being deployed into war zones. Call me anti-American, but I really wish we would have just prevented the Towers falling on 9/11.
                        This.

Originally posted by migirl View Post
                        I don't really feel very celebratory, either. I think it's bc I feel like this whole thing (terrorism, unrest, etc) has become so much bigger than him. I understand the symbolism of his demise, but he just doesn't seem very relevant anymore.
                        And this.

I just feel like we really pissed of al-Qaida by doing this.
                        Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I don't understand how they could confirm by DNA, wouldn't that mean they would already have to have a sample?
                          Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I'm glad he's gone but like others said there is still to much unrest in some parts of this world and it won't change much, in fact it may make things worse for the foreseeable future.
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I think they have DNA samples from other family members to compare.

I don't discount the jubilation of others, I just can't muster it myself. I'm fundamentally unable to celebrate anyone's death, no matter how much they may have deserved or sought that end.

Comment

Working...
                              X