Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Midwest Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so glad you are okay Kelly! What a crazy year this has been!
    Kris

Comment

Holy moly. I am watching the weather channel... TX, OK peeps check in when you can.
      Kris

Comment

Wow Kelly! With all of the focus here on Joplin, I had no idea!! I'm so glad you're okay.

Comment

I'm just getting caught up as I've been out of the loop for a few days. I hope everyone is okay. Kelly, I'm really happy you and yours are okay. ((hugs))
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

We survived too, but had some quality closet time with the bike helmets on. We also have a branch the size of a small tree on our front porch, but didn't hear any high winds and there is no other damage on the street?
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I just saw your FB post. Has anyone heard from Laurie?
              Kris

Comment

Yup--she's good
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Thanks for asking! I posted a fly-by update a page back. I ended up going to the playgroup, and sure enough, they didn't have a shelter. So we headed over to my (very messy) house around 3:00 and turned on the weather. As the worst part of the storm was going through, we all went down into the shelter - 3 women and 4 kids (newborn to 4 years old). It was hot and cramped, but I was so glad it wasn't just DS and me. It's much easier to be brave when you're with friends!

After the storm passed, we ordered pizza, and watched the recaps of the tornadoes. So scary seeing the homes just leveled. I think that really hit home - most people here just assume interior rooms are safe, but you can see that they're totally stripped down to the foundation sometimes.

My prayers go out to all of those whose homes were damaged or destroyed. What an awful tragedy.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Glad everyone is safe! We're good. I don't know if we got any damage. It's pitch black outside (which means the street light probably went out). I'll check in the morning. Lots of heavy winds and rain -- looked like a monsoon at one point. I feel so blessed that it wasn't worse and the kids and I have been praying for those who were in the path of destruction.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I'm glad you all are alright. What crazy weather!
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Ugh...we're under a tornado watch until 1pm, and I have a sitter coming from 9-1. I'll still go out to get done what I need, but I'm not venturing far from home. It's also DD's last day of school, and I really don't want her in an old, one story Catholic school building should there be a tornado. It just makes me nervous.
                        -Deb
                        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

That building might be sturdier than the newer school buildings. But I know what you mean.
                          Veronica

Comment

Deb, you had asked about helping. I got this from a friend. Her friend's husband is the pastor at this church so I know they will go to good use.

"If anyone or church would like to help, Walmart gift cards are super useful. We are giving them to victims of the tornado. You can mail them to: First Baptist Church 633 S. Pearl St, Joplin, MO 64801"
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Virtually all of the streets in my city are flooded. Serious flooding that I have never seen before. We have been getting rain nonstop for about two weeks.

Comment

Our friends who live in the country had half a tree fall on their car. At least they are okay and it didn't hit the house. It was their good car though.
                                Veronica

Comment

Working...
                                X