Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Midwest Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just spent an hour with the kids in the locker room at the gym b/c of back to back tornado warnings. One apparently touched down at 137/Metcalf -- I'm at 95th/Ridgeview-ish .... not terribly close but not nearly as far as I'd like it to be. Really close to Matt (gmdcblack).

I'm supposed to drive to Ohio tomorrow ...w/all 3 kids w/o dh. I'm torn between getting the hell out of Dodge, and being terrified at the prospect of driving across the state of Missouri during this kind of weather system. I called my dad to warn him my plans might change, after telling him I was a bit frazzled about the whole thing and he said "OK. I don't mean to cut you off, but Mary is waiting at the base of the hill for me with the rototiller. "

Freaking a$$hole.

Comment

Stay safe, you guys!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Cheri - Thanks for the info. I'm going to pick some up when I head to Sam's club later. Never would have thought of Walmart gift cards, but they do kind of sell everything, and pretty cheap!
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

There was a tornado spotted on the ground about 10 miles from here. We're in the guest room (which conveniently is in the basement with no windows and very interior). Unfortunately, we have a weather radio but no TV in here. DD#1 is freaking out that, "we're all gonna die!" Very relaxing - let me tell you.
          -Deb

Comment

My sister IMed me a bit freaked out because she couldn't get a hold of our older sister or her fiance and it didn't help that my grandmother called her from Dallas worried about everyone. Luckily everyone is fine, but It was a little too close for comfort. 137 and metcalf is pretty close to my family's home and my older sister was out and about that area today.

Sadelia got beaten badly. That's about an hour and a half from my parents house.
            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Yikes! Please stay safe everyone!
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I've lived in the midwest my entire life. Those were probably the most terrifying storms I've ever been in, including a storm where several waterspouts formed over Lake Michigan right in front of us. As far as I can tell, we have no damage. ( we have a lot of trees, so I'll have to check those out tomorrow). I REALLY thought we were going to see a tornado pop up. We didn't, though, and we never lost power. I really hope this storm season comes to an end soon.
                -Deb

Comment

So scary - stay safe all.

Comment

Last night DH's plane was diverted to another city after the airport shut down. The storm was so bad that our locked front door slammed open up in the middle of the night. I'm a native So. Ohioan and I have to say that this is wild weather.
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Holy crap Kelly! That would freak me the heck out!
                      Kris

Comment

ZOMG!
                        Note to self: Don't move to tornado alley unless absolutely neccessary.

If anybody ever wonders what they mean when you see green sky and they say duck and take cover? Here is a great picture taken recently in Kansas City, MO.
                        PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I've never seen the sky THAT green, but it does take on an eerie hue.

Comment

I think the picture is a little saturated in color but I could be wrong. The buildings look really colorful to me as well as the sky.
                            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I think the picture is a little saturated in color but I could be wrong. The buildings look really colorful to me as well as the sky.
                              Yeah, I agree. It's amazing what you can do with any simple editing program. Still cool, though!
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X