Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

weird or not weird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if she does have diminished mental capacity of some kind, the store's management still needs to be made aware of the situation. If for no other reason than to address it with her so she can adjust her behavior appropriately. She may not be capable of reading other people's non-verbal cues that would telegraph their discomfort.

Comment

yeah..you guys are probably right. I thought I might be over reacting because I am so anti touch anyway. But, it is a little creepy. Just to clarify, she doesn't really follow us AROUND. Just...when we get there she'll magically find us and say "there is my girl!!!" get in her face a little bit, hug and bug her and then run back to her lane because there are usually customers waiting. Then when we check out she says something like.."i have to come give you a hug!" hugs her again, gives her about 50 (literally) of those smiley face Kroger stickers for A to destroy things with and then rings us out. The time that she told the random (even more random than her) bagger to come give her a hug too was the part that made me really freaked out. I kind of felt violated. my poor daughter. I guess I'll be switching to Marsh...
      I would feel really bad if I called and complained and the poor woman got fired. But I would feel worse if she stole someone's baby or something! hmmm...
      -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

If the woman is fired for her behavior, that is solely her own issue. Certainly not your fault.

However, the management REALLY needs to know what's going on. Her behavior is neither appropriate nor professional. Can you imagine what would happen if she did this to a kid who has some type of sensory disorder who cannot handle being touched by anyone? Or if she is a little off her rocker and ends up actually stalking someone or taking someone's kid? The management may also be privy to other info that you're not and can head off what could have potential to become a baaaaaad situation.

Comment

Oh yes, "finding" you in the store is completely different than just seeing you at the check-out counter. I am guessing she has some sort of issue but agree with everyone else that talking to the manager would be a good idea for your and her safety, especially if she doesn't understand boundaries.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'd talk to the manager, but I'd also stay the heck out of that store just in case she figures out it was you who talked to the manager and she has a few loose screws. Like others have said, you don't know how many other kids she's doing this to, and most people are probably counting on somebody else to bring it up to the manager's attention.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Working...
            X