Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holiday fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm inviting some girlfriends over and we'll be watching holiday movies in our pjs with a hot chocolate bar and Christmas cookies. This year has been so crazy that it'll be nice to just decompress and ahhhh...

Comment

Originally posted by cedarsnow View Post
      a hot chocolate bar and Christmas cookies.
      YUM! Sounds fun - and delicious!

A lady I sat next to on one my flights gave me her southern living mag that included this recipe: http://www.southernliving.com/food/h...06/page12.html

I was kind of drooling over the idea of a cooking baking session while sipping one - but the hot chocolate bar sounds even more delicious (it's kind of chilly here today - making the warm beverage idea more appealing!).

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
        And the $8 tree may be a table top but we'll take it this year.
        Ha very true - I looked at table top trees yesterday... $8 is still a good deal!

Comment

JDAZ, thanks! I'm looking forward to sipping while wearing my most fashionable flannel Ohhhh, that gingerbread martini looks amazing!

Comment

We're putting our tree up today, and I have to hand it to my DH, he throws mulling spices on the stove with some water and our entire apartment smells lovely! We're not going to be able to spend Christmas together (stupid work) but we will be going to Turks & Caicos to celebrate together for New Years! It will be nice, but I would rather have Christmas with him.

Comment

JDAZ I'm a Southern Living fanatic and thought those cocktails looked incredible too. Everything in the entire issue did!!!
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
                JDAZ I'm a Southern Living fanatic and thought those cocktails looked incredible too. Everything in the entire issue did!!!
                Agreed! The issue was amazing, I don't think i've looked at the magazine since I was like 12 (I think my mom used to get it). I was starving by the time I got off the plane! I accidentally left it home and think I may have to go out and buy it in case we decide to have a holiday party.

Comment

Just to update- our Mad Men themed PTA findraiser was AWESOME. Everyone got in to the spirit and we raised $1000 AFTER covering expenses. My hair was teased within an inch of its life. The bartending company we hired created our own cocktail (the Mad Men) which was a whisky sout with elderflower water. YUM. The food was fantastic and my neighbor is going to get a lot of business from this event. AND- one of the parents who is an OB/GYN had the best outfit- he was inspired by the visit Peggy made to her OB. He found his old medical school coat (the short ones) and in the pockets put a pack of Marlboros and some gloves and shoved his stethescope in another pocket with a flask. and then he found 60's style glasses at Nordstrom. It was hilarious. (of course this is the same guy who one Halloween dressed up as "Obi-Gyn Kenobi") (May the Forceps be with you)

I'm waiting for them to post some pictures.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                  X