Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is up with the ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is up with the ads?

Or am I the only one seeing them?

Why is it that things go wonky when Kris is going out of town??
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

I'm noticing them too. It's kind of nuts.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

This is the first thread I see them on.
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I see them on every thread and in almost every reply window as well as at the top of the thread. So annoying.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I went and checked in older threads too from several months ago. They take a little bit to generate at first but they're there as well.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

They seem to be at the top of each thread and in the last response...annoying!

Comment

I've taken care of it for now for me by adding the "adblock plus" plugin to my browser, and adding "http://ap.lijit.com/www/delivery/" to the list of things to block.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Thank you Sandy - that is SO much better!

Comment

Actually, they are supposed to be there. Ill be tweaking them so they aren't annoying, but can we unblock them...
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Id like the site ro support the monthly costs (or part of them) if possible.

Comment

If they were just at the top it would be fine but when they show up in the replies its to annoying. I know the site has to support itself Kris, do what you have to do.

Comment

Haven't checked them on the forums...trying to pack...i'll look asap.

Comment

I think it's kid of funny to see the Toothpaste ads next to Suzy Sunshine's responses for me! Seems like a suitable sponsor name for toothpaste!
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Sheherezade yours is a big yellow Geico ad .

They are showing up in the posts for me too. About half of Suzy's post at the top of this page shows up as ad space (basically the whole right side), and there's a banner running the width of the page at the top of the last person's post on each page (which for me right now is Sheherezade's).

ETA: There's an ad at the top of the page too, above the main menu.
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Sorry, Kris. I should have kept my trap shut. I'd like the site to be self-supporting, too. The ads really shouldn't be inline with the messages, though, if we can avoid it. Between messages or at the top or bottom would be fine.
                              Do you know, does the site get *any* money for views, or just for click-throughs?
                              Last edited by poky; 03-09-2012, 04:58 PM.
                              Sandy
                              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                              X