Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is up with the ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Tapatalk 99% of the time now so I don't see the ads, but count me in as another one willing to contribute to the site. Kris, please let us help!
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I would gladly help. Without this site who knows how much I would be spending in therapy
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
        I would gladly help. Without this site who knows how much I would be spending in therapy
        Seriously!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
          Mmm-hmmm
          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

I'm on this site for the first time in over a week on my computer--

I don't think the ads are annoying at all. They are very unobtrusive.
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Yes, one at the top is no big deal. It's when they were showing up at the top and in every reply box that it got annoying, lol.
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

What Tara said. I think they're fine on the computer, but they're a bit annoying on the mobile site (in Safari on the iPhone for example) if I'm completely honest. My main gripe is that they load slower than the rest of the site, and while I'm scrolling through a thread, they will snap me back to the beginning when they finally finish loading. There's also the issue of bandwidth when I'm using data. I suppose I could use Tapatalk to bypass that, but I'd rather support the site. Is there any way to use text ads for the mobile version or is that way too complicated?

This is off topic, but does anyone know how to get to a thread you were in the middle of after you quit Tapatalk? I keep getting interrupted, and I hate missing threads, so that's the main thing keeping me from embracing Tapatalk.
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

When I'm in the middle of a thread and close tapatalk it always just opens right to where I left off...

Comment

Same for me and tapatalk. Are you using the latest version?
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

on my desktop I only have one ad at the top and i have never noticed it before. only see it because i looked because of this thread.
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

The top ad doesn't bother me. When I started this thread an ad was showing up in the replies. They do not show up on Tapatalk only on browsers.
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                          Same for me and tapatalk. Are you using the latest version?
                          I'm using V1.13.1, which is supposedly the latest version. I just tried it again, and it took me to the list of forums when I reopened the app. Once I clicked on iMSN, it showed the unread threads, not the thread I was in the middle of when I closed the app.
                          Cristina
                          IM PGY-2

Comment

on my iphone when i press the home button, it doesn't close the app...but if i double click the home button and then hold the icon for tapatalk and click the minus sign, it closes the app. Once the app is closed, yeah it goes back to the list of forums and forgets where i was. but if i don't close it (I guess the iphone allows you to almost minimize a program), then it lets me back to where i was, mid thread.

are you on an iphone?
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Yeah, I figured it's because I have an ancient iphone (3G) that doesn't multitask. Oh well. Sorry to have derailed the conversation.
                              Cristina
                              IM PGY-2

Comment

I have a 4S iPhone and the latest version of Tapatalk, and when I'm off Tapatalk for awhile, it'll lose the thread I was viewing, so it's not just your phone. I just manually go to the thread, or if it's in one of the forums that's sorted alphabetically instead of by date, I'll search for it or wait for someone to reply. Not a great solution, I guess.
                                Laurie
                                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                                X