Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is up with the ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know! Just 3 days for a suite would be Room Charges: USD 1,360.00 Daily Resort Charge: USD 50.00 Tax: USD 116.22 Total: USD 1,526.22
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

After I went and looked at their link I saw the ad pop up on here for $249 a night. I was browsing their "romance packages" and wondering how they were making it in this economy at those rates. I guess they cater to a much more wealthier clientele. I was just talking to dh about going to a bed and breakfast for a short two day mini-getaway vacation. I'll have to send him the link to this place for "dream vacation" someday. I wonder if his eyes will pop out of his head?
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Kris has spent thousands of dollars on software, server, etcetera, etcetera. I'm all for it if it helps defray these expenses.

According to my ads, I am interested in a local area home builder, GEICO, an attorney employment agency, and interestingly, a few ads pop up in Spanish even though I use Spanish on the web fairly sparingly. Hmmm....the net knows where you live!
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Now I'm getting ads for Whistler and some of the dream vacation locations I've been looking up! I like to see those actually vs. seeing toilet paper, car insurance and cell phone radiation ads. Some of them are so random.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

where'd the ads go?? It was kinda fun to see what "it" thought I was thinking about. haha! are the ads gone or just MIA?
            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I have them this morning, and I feel like they've totally got me pegged. Disney vacations and Audis!
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                I have them this morning, and I feel like they've totally got me pegged. Disney vacations and Audis!
                That's funny because last night my ad was totally in Spanish...I don't speak Spanish at all!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

My ads know that I've been searching the web for cameras and looking at Cannon Powershot G series.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

My ad blocker is blocking them for some reason. I was seeing them before but not now. I just noticed the donate button! Wooohooo!!

Comment

• I like the donate idea diggitydot had. I'm trying to create a usergroup for donators that is then excluded from ads. For some reason, there is a vbulletin glitch that I'll need to get answers too. I'll send a help request as soon as I get back from kid drop offs and pick ups.

Kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• Sounds good!
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

• It should be fixed. Those who have donated should not be seeing any advertisements. If you do, please let me know and I'll make sure you are added manually to the donors usergroup so that you can't see them anymore.

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

• Hmmm, I see the donate button but I can't actually click on it. It's the little green guy at the top right, next to "invite friends" right?
                            Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Nevermind, I got it to work in Internet Explorer. The link wasn't showing up for me on Firefox but the entire page looks a little wonky on Firefox anyway so it may just be my computer.

p.s. Excellent press name, Kris
                              Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Nifty idea Kris!!! Good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X